Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
TeamEcco Family ❤️

I am a very frequent visitor to Team Ecco Aquarium and Shark Lab. About 6 years ago I met the... read more

Reviewed September 3, 2018
Kathy K
Hendersonville
Treatment of Volunteer and Interns

I started volunteering at the aquarium 5 1/2 - 6 years ago. Over the years I have worked my way up... read more

Reviewed September 3, 2018
GrandTour608858
via mobile

All reviews touch tank horseshoe crabs sea life downtown hendersonville interesting fish shark tank small sharks feeding times first hand sea urchins per adult young at heart store front share information great place to visit rainy afternoon main street
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

This place was the best find on our day in Hendersonville. We went in planning on spending an hour or so and ended up having to go out and put more money in the parking lot.

We took our granddaughter who is an inquisitive three year old who was hooked as soon as she walked in and saw the young intern feeding a gecko. She got to pet the gecko and then found the tank with the rays and sharks. She had a different story for each one. When she found out several of the sharks and sting rays had names - her questions went into overdrive. She then spent time at the hands on tank with the starfish and sea urchins. She was so taken with the turtles, the box fish and the director’s dog. The staff had the patience of saints to deal with all her questions and stories, we felt bad when we needed to leave.

I hope to bring her back some time in the future when we are back in the Hendersonville or Asheville areas.

Date of experience: June 2018
bjitQ, Owner at Team ECCO Aquarium & Shark Lab, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

So happy you had a great time! and we LOVE questions and live to engage our visitors - who quickly become our newest friends! Your granddaughter's curiosity is why we are here! Come back any time - and be sure to follow us on FaceBook!

Again, thank you for your support, visitors like yourself give us purpose to our dreams!

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

We took a little trip up to Hendersonville for the day. I took my 12 and 16 year old kids to this place, and they loved it! Keep in mind, we read about it online, so we knew it was a very small place and all the information behind it. It was exactly as we read online! We really enjoyed the information we were given, and the people were really friendly! I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Date of experience: April 2018
bjitQ, Owner at Team ECCO Aquarium & Shark Lab, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

Thank you for reviewing us! and sharing your great experience! We do love what we do, and appreciate your support and excitement. We hope to see you again - and remember to follow us on FaceBook as we just got a new baby shark in its egg - which we will hatch soon and go live on Facebook with it!

Always something going on!

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

We are locals to the area and enjoy this cute boutique aquarium! Today's visit was even more special because they debuted their new shark tank! It's so nice and clean inside, with knowledgeable interns wandering around, as well as info and pictures on the walls around the viewing tanks.

I highly recommend for families with small children because you can make a fun, educational afternoon on Main Street Hendersonville, with Team ECCO to highlight your trip!

Date of experience: March 2018
bjitQ, Owner at Team ECCO Aquarium & Shark Lab, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Hello, and thank you for your great review! We are so excited to share our new look and especially our new shark tank! it was such a fantastic day - thank you for supporting us and sharing our dream of having the oceans in the mountains!

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Took my ten year old granddaughter one rainy afternoon. We so enjoyed the friendly staff eager to answer questions and share information! Would recommend this for anyone interested in having a wonderful up close view of the fish!

Date of experience: October 2017

I just wanted to catch up and say thank you for your kind review! I do share comments with our student volunteers, they are who make Team ECCO such a great place! Hope to see you again now that the new 2,000 gallon shark study tank is in!

Reviewed October 28, 2017

We went to visit another attraction that ended up being closed so this was an impulse visit...We're so glad we chose to go there, as it was AMAZING! Not rushed, you can spend as little or as much time there watching the interesting critters. The people are very knowledgeable so if you want to learn anything about the animals, they're very happy to tell you as much as you want to know. They fed all the animals while we were there. So interesting that many of them are "picky" eaters! I cannot wait to visit again after their renovations. My favorite fish was the Angler. One of my daughters liked the seahorses the best.

Date of experience: October 2017

I wanted to reach out and say thank you for this wonderful review! The renovations are pretty much done, other than some final unpacking, but it is so cool inside! The new 2,000 gallon shark study tank is in, and we actually get in it to feed the sharks and ray! They love to nestle between our legs and lay in our laps. We hope to see you again soon!