“Piggy's Ice”

Ranked #3 of 12 Dessert in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen
“Piggy's Ice”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

great ice creams, huge portions, great flavours. I was there almost every second day during summer 2013 and must say .... I love their ice creams!!!! And I miss it.

Theirs death by chocolate and choc&PB is simply amazing.

• Visited July 2013

Pensacola, Florida
“Great ice cream and family fun”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

While I have never eaten at Harry's, for more than 30 years my family has visited Piggys for great ice cream and a one of a kind family experience. First I went as a child and now I take my children every year when we spend a week in the mountains just out of Hendersonville.

We took friends this year for their first visit and my wife characterized it as desert meets theme park/flea market. It is that. The eclectic stuff along with a variety of old fashioned children's coin rides make this truly unique. (If you are over 35, the kids rides will really take you back to a bygone era.) Despite the gimmicks and truly unique ambience, the real reason to go is the best ice cream at some of the lowest prices. It is an annual family dessert pilgrimage that I highly recommend to anyone in the Hendersonville area.

• Visited August 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Good food, good prices”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had pulled pork BBQ sandwiches at Harry's followed by hot fudge sundaes at Piggy's. We try a lot of pork BBQ and this is some of the best, and the portion is very large. Add as much of the tasty BBQ sauce as you like, refill your ice tea, and you've got a very good meal at a very reasonable price, in very quirky surroundings. This is a popular spot, off the Main Street tourist track, but well worth the visit.

• Visited June 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Blows Luella's and 12 Bones out of the water!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great restaurant, FANTASTIC food, awesome price. All the locals come here. I just love it!!! I eat here 1-2 times a week now :)

• Visited June 2013
North, South Carolina
“Ice Cream”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went in for ice cream. We heard it was the best place in town. The price is right but the ice cream was ice cream? nothing special. The young boy behind the counter was awesome !! Great conversationalist. Told a great story about his 8th grade school dance. hehe

Visited June 2013