“Bad experience all the way around” 1 of 5 bubbles

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #71 of 194 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Bad experience all the way around”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for lunch today on our way through--BAD DECISION!! It was 1:30 on Saturday-- maybe 7 cars in the entire parking lot-- very empty. My husband and I sat at a booth in the bar area--FIRST BAD CHOICE. We were greeted and had received our over-cooked cheese fries appetizer and still had not received our drinks!! My drink was quickly consumed and here comes my salad-- bathing in salad dressing!! My 6oz sirloin was flavorless and overcooked ( I ordered medium) and my sweet potato was also overcooked too!! My husband had the broccoli soup- which he swears is not as good as it used to be and the 9oz sirloin and he was just as disappointed as I was! Service was sub-par at best and the food was some of the worst I've eaten at an Outback. To top it off, I noticed that the wooden booth partitions separating the bar area were extremely dusty and needed immediate cleaning--and my husband made it a point to tell the hostess as we were leaving. Overall, BAD experience and on our next trip through we will pass right on by in search of cleanliness, better food and better service. Sorry Outback--you had three strikes on this visit.

1 Thank Christy K

“Too salty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This seems to be a very popular restaurant. There was quite a wait, but we found a seat in the bar area. My companion ordered a petite filet; it was grisly. I ordered a veal dish that was way too salty. We sent both back. Owner Joey was very helpful in seeing to our needs.

Visited January 2014
“Great deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

You just can't the Outback Special 6 oz sirloin for $10.99. Also got some onion petals as an appetizer for $4! Service was great as always.

• Visited January 2014
key largo
“Just not as good as used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

It seems like Outback has reduced the quality e the price consistent, the broccoli is no longer florets, the whole stalk , salads are smaller , steaks are not as good. I ordered a shish kabob that was supposed to be filet and it seemed like sirloin, service is good

“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We eat here fairly frequently since we are local and last night was not a good experience. First of all they jammed us all together in one side of the restaurant and we were quickly seated given menus and asked for our order before we had a chance to look at the choices. My husband ordered a large beer and I got a glass of wine. Beer came, a small one and the wait person apologized ,saying, Guess I had a small one on my mind... Our salad were "plopped" down by a young man who said" here are your salads" , we both ordered fish and a sweet potatoes with the condiments on the side. We waited a. Very long time considering the restaurant was about one third occupied. When it came out fish and sweet potatoes were cooked to death and the potato was soggy with the condiments loaded on. The waitress came to check and we told her so she got the manager who offered us a free dessert , then to redo the meal. We refused saying we just wanted them to be aware of our concerns. The manager did comp the meals but we will be very wary about eating there any time soon. It appeared that the staff was not up to previous Outback standards.

• Visited November 2013