“Little Disappointed”

The Poe House
Ranked #32 of 202 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Last night was my third visit in two weeks. I thought I found another favoirte place to have a beer. It's a great atomsphere and very friendly service. The problem I had was I ordered a beer and they brought it to me in a 10 ounce glass. I have never heard of this before. When I inquired I was told their higher gravity beers were only served in 10 ounce glasses, then I was charged $5.00 for 10 ounces. I don't mean to sound cheap but that's too much to pay in this town where craft beers are served everywhere. I'm not opposed to going back but the Poe House will not be my first choice.

1  Thank Joseph C

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went to the Poe House yesterday with a friend for wine flights and their cheese plate and we returned this evening to enjoy the live music (guitar playing vocalist) while trying their beer flights. Unique "Poe" atmosphere with excellent knowledgeable staff, tasty cheese plate, and reasonably priced beer and wine flights. Heads up that it is a hidden location under the West First restaurant at 105 West First Ave and we couldn't see a sign on 1st Ave. There is a sign in front of the restaurant which is visible on the front of the restaurant if you are traveling up First Ave heading towards Main Street. Definitely will be returning in the future.

1  Thank MediaLadyMN
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I went to the The Poe House last Friday for the first time. They don't officially have their grand opening until tomorrow but they were happy to seat and serve us. We had about nine in our group. It looked like there was one other largish group there and a few couples. They have an awesome beer selection both on draft and to purchase. Also, from what I could see a good-sized wine selection as well. It is located beneath West First (another one of my favorite places to dine). West First handles the food orders so I knew that would be excellent. From what I understand they will have some food items only made by West First but only available on The Poe House menu. They are busy expanding as well to include a patio area and a room for beer and wine making classes. Nice atmosphere and welcoming staff. A perfect addition for downtown Hendersonville!

2  Thank Chris P