“Amazing Food, Great Service, A New Favorite”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blue Water Seafood Restaurant and Market
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2014

After reading previous reviews I wasn't sure how I'd like this restaurant however I took a chance and I was not disappointed. The Chef/Owners wife served us and was an absolute delight, she was quick, courteous and went out of her way to make sure I and my family had a wonderful meal. I can also tell you that after a lengthy and engaging conversation at the end of our meal, that despite what a previous poster has said, she spoke perfect English. The food was delicious, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented; the sort of meal I'd expect at a high end restaurant in a large metropolitan area but was delighted to find in small quaint town like Hendersonville. I had the daily special which included a salad followed by Blue Fish served with fingerling potatoes, tomatoes, olives and capers. The salad was fresh with a light yet slightly tangy house made vinaigrette, not only was it delicious but it was a treat for the eyes as the Chef takes his time in making sure his presentation is spot on. This was the first time I had ordered Blue Fish and the Owner's wife took the time to describe the texture and flavor to me which was greatly appreciated. It was a wonderful, like the salad the flavors were light, highlighting the fish instead of masking it. The dish was cooked to perfection and presented elegantly with its accompaniments. My Husband and Daughter both ordered the cod fish sandwich which I admittedly stole a bite of. It, like my dish, was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. Rather than coat the cod in a heavy thick batter the Chef opted for a very light, barely there breading that enhanced the flavor of the fish without turning it into an over battered mess. At the end of our meal both of the Owners came out and spoke with us at length and even treated our young daughter to homemade desert. It was a wonderful experience and we will be back soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I arrived about a quarter to noon yesterday. The place was empty, the server didn't understand English to understand we didn't want to sit by the exit door due to the cold weather. The decor is nice and cozy but the service is about the slowest I've encountered. When the food finally arrived(45 minutes), it wasn't due to a heavy crowd, we were the first to order and there were only four other people there. It took nearly 10 minutes to get tea and water. The food was very good, I had the Cod fish sandwich and my wife had pecan crusted baked cod. The food is very expensive for lunch, sandwich and baked cod without sides was $22.00. Will not return.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We have been many times over the past few months. Friends have agreed with our choice. Rainer, the chef and owner, does a great job of selecting and preparing fresh fish. The ambience is quite comfortable. The wine list has some good selections. The service is very good and relaxed. This is the best fish restaurant in Hendersonville and worth repeated business.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had seen this restaurant driving by many times. We finally decided to try it and were delighted we did. I was a little leery because of mixed reviews, but there was apparently new ownership that might have made a difference. There was only one other table occupied (on a cold Wednesday evening). I had the sea trout special with pumpkin seed crust; my companion had the mahi mahi. Both dishes were excellent and accompanied by the usual salad and starch (boiled potatoes were the chef's choice). The wine list is limited, but we found a very nice bottle of silky chianti to accompany our meal. (Yes, we prefer European reds.) There was a lovely chocolate mocha cake served hot that completed our meal. Chef Reiner (and owner) has done a great job. We will return for more of the same good seafood.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I'm with "Disturbing Experience" on this one:

The facts: this place had 4 tables available for dining and the night we were there two people appeared to be running the place, a man in the kitchen cooking and a woman serving. The place – I refuse to call it a restaurant – was taken over by new owners about 6 months ago, I'm assuming that's who we dealt with. I had been to the restaurant before these owners, and the menu was more extensive than the current one. Also the staff was friendly then, unlike now.

A friend and I made reservations for dinner here on a Saturday night, after which we were going to a play – we allowed an hour and a half for dinner.
What a retched dining experience it turned out to be. I have never felt so uncomfortable in a restaurant before, and I dine out quite a bit. What made our experience at the Blue Water Seafood Restaurant & Market wretched was service so bad that even better food could not possibly ever make up for it
This place took an hour and 10 mins. to produce two entrees, one of which was not even complete and we never even saw the appetizer we ordered – it's like it vanished into thin air.
And then there was our server. This woman could not even handle describing approximately how big a bowl vs. a cup of soup was, and that was literally just the beginning of a string of awkward, unpleasant encounters with her.
For example, when, after waiting for food for 40 mins. I explained we needed to be somewhere in another 50 mins. she pointedly told us that if that was the case we should have told them that when we made the reservation. I also asked her if they had started our entrees – we were going to cancel them if they had not – and she said they had. It was another 35 mins. before they ever appeared. I think she lied to us. That left us 15 mins. to wolf down our food – so all I can say about the food is that the portions were big enough so that I wasn't hungry the rest of the evening.
To cap off this lovely dining experience at the register the woman made a point of asking for a tip. Need I say more, other than it is obvious why I'll never go back and that the service was so retched it prompted me to write such a lengthy review detailing the badness we experienced at the Blue Water Restaurant & Market in Hendersonville, NC.