“Nice Surprise”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went there for a late lunch/early dinner. New ownership and management. The food was good and there is a variety of choices. I had the Greek combo, which was delicious. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Sandy H

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Kelsey's had been one of our favorite places for about 12 years. A year ago or so, they closed up shop and the building was vacant for many months. A new owner re-opened the restaurant under the same name. We have been there three times since their opening. Each re-visit found a new and more expanded menu. Our last visit was mid January 2013.

My wife and I and our adult son ordered from the new menu. My wife had lamb chops, was served two ample ones and found them very good. I ordered broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breast. The serving looked very ample. The broccoli stuffing was mostly stems 2 to 3 inches long, though the cheese was ample and good. I found that disappointing. Our son had crab stuffed shrimp. The plate contained four shrimp. Our son said it was "OK", kind of a small portion. The price was in my opinion quite high for what was served. Better food can be found in this city for 20% less in places with similar atmosphere. Perhaps the management is still trying to find a niche in the local restaurant scene. They are near our home and I wish them well. Perhaps a smaller menu with the items done well would help. We will try them again.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

They kept the name but the menu and everything else is new. The food is good and there is a very wide menu. This was our second time to visit the new Kelsey's and we enjoyed it. The service both times was spotty but acceptable.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

stopped on our travels - looked like a friendly place. had a delicious pizza and my husband had a chicken dish that he found delicious. service was ok we were back in a corner- long walk to the bathroom from our spot. very large menu- too many choices for me. if we are in the area again will give it another try

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Food was pretty good, but service was confused about menu. Menu is way to large greek, steaks, italian, seafood. At least 200 items on menus. Service staff needs training on menu.