“Just what you'd expect! ”

Hendersonville Community Co-op
Ranked #61 of 202 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Just what you'd expect at a community co-op: friendly, well stocked, and many local options.

One surprise: the prices! Very reasonable. I bought all my groceries for a family of 4 for 1 week for $130.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

You can choose fresh salads of all types made daily. The ingredients are organic and they taste delicious. There are two hot soups made daily and there is outdoor and indoor seating. Simple fare, not expensive, but very hearty and healthy. You can get water to drink for free. There is no tipping and a bonus; free wi-fi and great atmosphere.

1  Thank Kathleen891
Reviewed April 29, 2013

While I generally have had good experiences with the Co-op, I did buy some frozen all natural chicken there that was 6 months old. Unfortunately, I did not discover this until I got ready to prepare it, 2 weeks later. I bought it in early April. The producer had a sell by date of 9/26, the co-op- whom I have to believe put it in the freezer when it did not sell by then- had a use by date of 3/26. I called and the young woman said it was "probably still good" and explained to me what had happened . It may have been fine, but, having had e- coli once, I did not want to chance it. So I tossed it out. I hated to do it, as $6.99 a pound is a bit over my budget. This will not keep me from shopping there, again, I just will be more careful when purchasing, and will not be buying any meat there unless I check the dates!

2  Thank Mtngolfer_8
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great hummus..made fresh daily. Try all the varieties. Also wonderful baked goods..the cookies are excellent! The store has a full selection of fresh produce as well as quality food products.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hot bar in the back where you order from has great food for lunch! I will complain that one time I ordered the short ribs and they were tough and full of fat. Besides that all of the meals I have ate there have been awesome!