“THE place to show off for visitors”
Review of Mountain Pie and Cake Company - CLOSED

Mountain Pie and Cake Company
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: European style Bakery cafe seating 22 in the main dining room, 30 in the party room and 20 on the deck in clement weather. Pleasant old fashioned atmosphere with table linens at an affordable price. Beautiful party room for small weddings, showers and brunch.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My Mother and I first visited Mountain Pie soon after it opened and loved everything about it... from the delicious sweets to the homey and interestingly decorated interior. So when my son and his family came to visit from Alabama to celebrate a birthday, I couldn't wait to introduce them to this lovely place. We enjoyed a brunch, plus a variety of desserts. Everyone, including my grown nephews, agreed that we needed to do this again. And I promised them we would!

2  Thank Nita M

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and myself were spenting vacation time in Hendersonville last October, 2011. We went to Mountain Pie and Cake Company. It was very easy to find. The food was wonderful. We had coffee and pastries. She also provided us with little sandwiches. Merri served us and she is the 'hostess with the mostest'. Hendersonville is known for its 'apple orchards', so Merri uses local fruits for the pies. Her apple pie was wonderful. I believe she told me that she won the contest for best tasting apple pie in the area. We sat around in this lovely bakery, visiting having such a nice time and being so relaxed. It amazed us that all these wonderful items were made by Merri and husband Bill. They are full of talent. It is a wonderful place to go and everyone who travels in this area, should not miss this treat.

1  Thank JJS85
Reviewed September 10, 2012

If you get to visit only one place in Hendersonville, I would recommend you stop here. Not only is the service fantastic, but the ambiance and food is absolutely heavenly. This is a great place to have a well-balanced breakfast, coffee and pie with friends, or just a place to relax while you nibble away at some delightful treats. See you there!

2  Thank Dr_PCOlson
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Delicious homemade baked goods and goodies, fresh breakfasts, delicious coffee...great energy in this beautifully decorated establishment. Owners Merri and Bill make you feel better than right at home.

3  Thank y2kattorney
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Absolutely the most delightful place for brunch you can find. Small and intimate with personal attention to every detail. The owners are dedicated people that want to please. So many extra touches and you will leave happy to have discovered a hidden treasure in these mountains of western North Carolina. The whole area is just one wonderful experience.

2  Thank Alice B