“good food, good people, great atmosphere.....”
Review of Mountain Pie and Cake Company - CLOSED

Mountain Pie and Cake Company
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: European style Bakery cafe seating 22 in the main dining room, 30 in the party room and 20 on the deck in clement weather. Pleasant old fashioned atmosphere with table linens at an affordable price. Beautiful party room for small weddings, showers and brunch.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have never had such wonderful cakes, pies, and just about anything you can think of to eat sweet. Crumb cakes, muffins, brownies...I just can't say enough. I wanted a spedcial cake for my son's birthday that his late sister used to make for him, I went in and told them exactly what I needed and she did it perfictly. It was such treat to him and meant so much to him.

There are newer reviews for Mountain Pie and Cake Company

Reviewed September 8, 2012

mighty fine pie and some really fine people - I have eaten there several times and wish that I lived close enough to go there every day.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife, Phyllis and I were introduced to Merri and Bill's Mountain Pie Company on 2/25/2011 by Lou Parris who writes a column Mountains to Molehills for the Hendersonville Times-News. Since that date, we have become steady diners at this fabulous breakfast/bakery. Not only that, we have also become friends with Merri and Bill. My favorite item on the terrific menu are the fresh strawberry crepes. Starting out with fresh orange juice, a dish of fresh mixed fruit and hot flavor-filled coffee, the crepes are the piece de resistance. The two crepes are filled with cream cheese delicately flavored with lemon and powdered sugar topped with whipped cream and cinnamon. Phyllis's favorite item are the 100% whole wheat pancakes. Most times one pancake is filling enough. Before we leave we always visit the bakery which is filled with pies, cakes, cookies and muffins all baked by Merri and Bill Tyndall. Please trust us, it is one the very best places you all visit over and over again. John Allen Albree, LTC, USA (Ret) and Phyllis H. Albree, Columbus, NC

2  Thank John A
Reviewed September 8, 2012

You may look at the brown building and think, oh, why go in there? That's what my daughter first said. I always like to try out new places, so we went in. Boy, we were both glad we did!! When you step inside the store, it's like you step back into a time when neighborhood bakeries were plentiful, and you knew everyone inside. The service you will receive will also be fantastic. There is something for everyone here, brunch, lunch, and goodies for all.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

If you have a sweet tooth and enjoy a beautiful mountain view -- this is the place for you! Even though the name of the business doesn't say it, this place has fabulous cakes as well as pies. And crepes! And pancakes! The inside is charmingly decorated and the outside deck in back has umbrella tables all the better to enjoy the sweeping panorama of mountain views. Extremely friendly service.

2  Thank RamblingRoses