“Very nice Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Clover, South Carolina, United States
“Very nice Hotel”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

In town for the local festival, to run a road race again....just need a room for a night..decided to stay here , looks very nice and clean,..so far the beds feel good. I like the different hotels that offer such nice pillows now, used to just cheap flat ones.... and feels like nice crisp linens! Red Roof has redone a lot of their hotels, and they have done a very good job! I approve! Glad we decided to stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fefe8187
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We are glad to know you like the renovations and appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again on your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed August 17, 2013

You wouldn't imagine a Red Roof getting 5 stars on a review would you? No, it isn't the Market Pavilion in Charleston or the Breakers in Palm Beach; however, as far as Red Roof's and the like go, this is the best I have ever stayed at. It is, as far as I can tell, owned by Americans (the kind that were born here). Because there was no language barrier I had no troubles thanking the folks for such a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Harry H
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We are very glad you decided to stay with us and even happier to hear how happy you were with our hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time give us a review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We spent one night here on our way to the beach. It was probably one of the cleanest older hotels I have ever stayed in. My only real complaint, which is almost silly, but it was something I noticed, was that the shower didn't have the curved shower curtain rods that most hotels have and it made the shower feel claustrophobic. I loved that it had indoor room entries.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Joy H
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
We are so very glad you found your stay with us clean and comfortable. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you again soon.
Tobaccoville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have stayed with them regularly for approximately the last six years. Never had a problem with them before now. Called today for one room for two nights and they DOUBLED the room rate. Was told by the young man that answered the telephone the doubling of the room rate was per Management’s direction. Earlier in May of this year I rented three rooms and one was infested with ants. The front desk was informed about the ants and they did nothing and offered nothing. Couple these two problems together and it’s enough for me to say “I will not be staying with them in the future” nor will I continue to recommend this location to anyone. Don’t know what’s happened with this location; however with these last 2 events, I’m not going to continue patronizing them. There are plenty of Hotels & Motels in this area, so choose another one; I am.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Maurice M
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your last experience with our hotel. We have been going through some positive changes here and would love for you to stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Hendersonville hotels

Amelia Island, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This Red Roof Inn was quiet and the desk staff was friendly. We unlocked the door to our room and immediately the smell of "dog that needed a bath." hit us. I love dogs, even dirty dogs, but i didn't want my room to smell like one. I really love motels that do allow pets though. Well, turned on the AC and in a little bit it was much better. The 2 full-bed room was a very comfortably-sized room and it was clean. I like my sheets crisper, but the bed was quite comfortable. The breakfast choices were: orange or grape juice, teas, coffee, toast-it-yourself english muffins and waffles with margarine, packets of oatmeal or grits. I kept thinking, "If I wasn't so cheap and tried the other hotel that was another $10 maybe I would have gotten a better breakfast and crisp sheets."

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We are currently renovating our hotel including installing hardwood floors in the rooms, which will not only give our rooms a much more updated look and feel but, will assist in keeping our non pet owners as happy as our pet owners. Our breakfast is offered by the owners as a quick, simple bite to tide our guests over until they can get where they are going for a fuller meal. We hope you will stop by and enjoy the updates the next time you are traveling our way.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the red roof inn in Hendersonville NC. I was on business so I stayed alone. The location was great and I felt that the hotel was safe and very family friendly. It is an older hotel and that was really the only complaint that I had. Since it is older the rooms that were not updated had the musty smell. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. I did come across a pair of glasses behind the bed and a bottle of hair spray. I do have a tendency to look through the room more thoroughly than I think most cleaning people do (Too many CSI shows I blame that on). Breakfast was simple but enough. They had waffles, English muffins and oatmeal. I guess there could have been more but I got there kind of late. The price was decent since it is in a tourism area. The woman who worked the front desk in the morning was very sweet. The advantage of this hotel is that pets are allowed and there were tons of pets. I didn't hear any barking at all during my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We're very happy you decided to stay with us during your recent business trip and glad you enjoyed your stay. You'll be happy to know we are in the middle of renovations now, and in several rooms the renovations have been completed. Come and check out the nice changes the next time you travel this way. I'm sure you'll be pleased.
Burke, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ihad never stayed with Red Roof Inn before and wasn't expecting anything great. This hotel was very nice and seemed quite new. I picked it because of the convenient location for where I needed to go in the area. It is right off of I-26, but down at the end of a lane (Mitchelle Drive) and didn't seem like it was right by the highway. A short walk across the parking lot is an Outback Steakhouse. A gas station and convenience store is located down the lane. It is conveniently located for a very short drive into Hendersonville and Flat Rock and about a half hour south of Asheville. Lake Lure is also not too far. The hotel is modern and offers a continental breakfast by the lobby in the morning. There was no coffee maker in the room so I'm glad I chose a room on the first floor because all I had to do was go down the hall for coffee in the lobby. The light breakfast offerings included cereal, oatmeal, breads for toasting, and waffles as well as juice and your coffee. My room was very clean and looked and smelled new and it had a flat-screen TV set with lots of channels. The staff at the front desk were friendly and efficient- very nice people. Although I chose this hotel for its location mainly, it also happened to be one of the greatest values in town too. I would definitely stay here again.....oh, and if you are traveling with your dog, it is also pet friendly.

Room Tip: If you want quicker access to coffee (and the light breakfast), choose a room on the first floor. T...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Robert S
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
We are glad to see you were happy with our hotel. We have recently started renovations on our rooms and can't wait for you to see the upgrades the next time you are this way. Thank you for your positive review.