“Great food, terrible noise!”

Flat Rock Wood Room
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Great food, terrible noise!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

The French Dip was the best I have ever eaten! The sides are great, and the sweet potato fries are outstanding. BUT the noise level in the dining room makes it impossible to carry on a conversation without yelling across the table. Some sort of sound deadening is needed on the ceiling. Go for the great food but forget about dinner conversation! I would have given five stars except for the noise.

Visited July 2014

High Point, North Carolina
“Skip the over priced pizza”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We made the mistake of thinking that the pizza would be good since it was cooked in a wood oven, but instead it was very light on toppings and plain in taste. Perhaps we would have had a much different opinion if we had tried one of the BBQ selections, but instead we paid $13 each for what we were told were individually sized pizzas. Because of the price, we did not order salads and then wound up with lots of left over pizza and a feeling of dissatisfaction. I wished we had only ordered one pizza and some salads to at least balance out the meal. My husband commented that he would have preferred a "Pappa John's" pizza, and I would have to agree.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kimberly T
Savannah, Georgia
“Great recommendation!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

When we asked the host of our Bed & Breakfast for restaurant recommendations in the Flat Rock area, her first suggestion was this restaurant, since she and her husband are frequent diners here. The setting is rustic and quaint, and the menu features some great options. The problem we had was deciding between barbecue and wood-fired pizza. I opted for a pulled chicken platter, and my husband tried the smoked meatloaf platter. Both were delicious choices. I especially enjoyed the cornbread which accompanies the platters. Next time we're in the area, we'll be sure to return and try the pizza!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank RamblingRoos
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Must Try”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I love brisket but its hard to find anything good outside of Texas. I was really surprised to find a place in my backyard. I had the brisket, bacon and fried egg sandwhich and it was very good., My wife had the rids and they were ok. Not bad but not great. The mac and cheese was the most disapointing thing we had. It really didnt have any flavor. I will go back for the brisket sandwhich and I also want to try the pizza.

• Visited June 2014
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great ribs”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stopped in after seeing a play at the Flat Rock Playhouse and were pleasantly surprised. The food was great. I loved my ribs, moist meat with a rich smokey flavor. Salads were fresh and lightly dressed. My wife's pulled pork sandwich was very tasty. This was a great find, I was happy, my wife was happy and my in-laws were happy...win, win, win!

Visited May 2014