“Great beer selection, pizza, sandwiches!”

Flat Rock Wood Room
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Florida
“Great beer selection, pizza, sandwiches!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ate here with friends and really enjoyed it! They have local craft beer on tap ( nice selection) , excellent pizza ( woodfired), and great salads. We had a ceasar withnsmokedmchicken- excellent. Our friends had cheesesteak with sweet potato fries which they loved. Good service and clean. They close somewhat early so keep that in mind.

• Visited June 2013

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Best BBQ and cornbread in the area!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great joint with great food! I've had everything from Nachos, Pizza to the ribs and pulled pork, and it is by far my favorite in the area!

1 Thank BigTrouty
Hickory, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands Down Best in the Western North Carolina and Beyond!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a place! Flat Rock Wood Room servers three of my favorite things in the world, under one roof. BBQ, wood fired pizzas, and fine craft beers. I'm sure I have missed other things but I get tunnel vision when I go their. We come every chance we are in the area. They have the real deal BBQ, no gas or electric cooker here. They are cooking BBQ like it should be done, with wood and love! I had the pleasure of meeting the owners Kim and Wayne. Not only do they cook the food along with their staff(well trained staff) they run the front of the house too. I found out Kim and Wayne, on their days off do nothing else but what, cook BBQ. They travel the south cooking BBQ competition, and they have the awards on the restaurant's mantel to prove it. Like I said "the real deal" . If you can get past the BBQ, the pizza is something else. Brussels sprouts and pancetta pie is my favorite! If Brussels sprouts are not you thing Wayne is making some of the finest cured meat to top his pies this side of Italy. Their taps are pouring some of the finest craft beers the area offers. Western NC is making some of the finest craft beers in the country, and that's right they are pouring them.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Thomas R
Nashville, Tennessee
“A decent dining experience in a small town”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

It's rare to find unique restaurants with excellent food when you venture from a big city to a small town. We use trip advisor to locate decent local spots. This place came well recommended. My colleague and I both had pizza which is woodfired. It was tasty but could have done with another few minutes in the oven. We shared an appetizer of fried green beans which were awful. The batter was thick and didnt taste nice. The patio dining was enjoyable as it was pleasant weather.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastically wonderful, best BBQ and pizza, with AMAZING service.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stopped by Flat Rock Wood Room after an afternoon of waterfall hiking. Thank you, iMaps!!! The four of us shared four different meals from White pizza with garlic and mozzarella to ribs, the extreme BBQ sampler and. Caesar Salad. EVERYTHING was to die for!! Plus, these people make their own sauces and have won many prizes for their BBQ and sauces. Our favorites were the Sweet, Mustard, the Spicy and a new one, smoked Jalapeño.. Yum!!!

1 Thank Lindadayj