“Eat on the porch if you can”

Flat Rock Wood Room
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Eat on the porch if you can”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I had the Prosciutto Di Parma pizza. It is a white pizza with, obviously, prosciutto. After it's done cooking, they put a big wad of cold, spiced arugula right in the middle. You have to push it around with your fingers to spread it. Sounds weird but tastes very good. One of the couples we were with got the fried green bean appetizer. That was really good also. Definitely will return.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank John E

Taylors, Sc
“FANTASTIC!!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everything on the pizza is imported from Italy. Really amazing crust. Thin, yet chewy. Our waitress was amazing, too. Loved the food, will definitely be back!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank carpetmanswife
Roswell, Georgia
“Best in Hendersonville”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just spent the better part of a week Hendersonville on business and pleasure. I had the opportunity to dine out almost every evening. This was the best in my opinion, nice front porch, good beer and wine selection and possibly some of the best ribs I have ever had. Others around me had other barbeque selections and pizza and all customers spoke very highly of their dinners. Nice people, excellent service and good parking (which I found to be difficult in downtown).

2 Thank Dave O
“The best ribs I've ever had”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

No sauce needed for the ribs; they were the best ribs I've ever eaten. Several good sauces to choose from if you want sauce. Mac and cheese was different but good.

2 Thank tina d
Arlington, Virginia
“between average and good”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Because tripadvisor offers no "above average" rating (either it's "average" or "very good"), I've decided to err on the "very good" side -- although I'm not quite sure the restaurant merits it.

I had the pulled pork platter. It was quite decent, but not spectacular. For one of the two sides, I tried to order the collard greens, but they were not available. So, instead, I got the bacon hash, which I found had too much potato and not enough bacon. I also ordered the green beans. Frankly, I can't remember too much about them, other than that they were better than ordinary green beans.

I liked that they had a selection of local brews on tap. And I thought the service was good. So, it's like a 3 1/2 star review.

3 Thank DoraemonArlingtonVA