“Pie was great, service not so much”
Review of A Piece of the Pie - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
A Piece of the Pie
Cuisines: American
Description: A family owned pie shop offering homemade pies and desserts made daily.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Pie was great, service not so much”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband stopped by for pie after a late lunch in lou of dinner. We were the only ones in this very small place. My pie was very good and my husband didn't care much for his pie and helped me eat mine. The lady behind the counter, as another review stated looked as though she would be happy if no one came in the store. Not friendly AT ALL, looked like she didn't want to be there. The pie was really good too bad they can't find some young college age girl to work there that might at least be friendly.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Valerie D
Alexis T, Owner at A Piece of the Pie, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Sorry you felt your service was not up to your standards, I explained very clearly and very nicely that we had just opened up and moved in the same day and we were all up in the air trying so hard to get things settled. Glad you enjoyed your pie!

Kingston, New York
“Pie at Grandma's (ish)”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was interested in having something sweet for lunch and found this little place. It's a small space with little tablecloth-ed tables and an old-fashioned feel. Kind of like being at Grandma's house if Grandma was a stereotypical lace and flowers kind of person. I got a piece of pie ($4.50) and was offered whipped cream and asked if I wanted it warmed up first. It was a blueberry cherry pie and it was pretty good. The crust was a little salty though and it might have been nice if there had been some free water cause it was definitely a thirst inducing meal but I was too cheap to buy a bottle of water. The piece was a good size for the cost, and the whipped cream was yummy.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank TDD00
Atlanta
“awesome place”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We really enjoyed our pie and ice cream. It was definitely a LARGE piece of pie, so I suggest either getting the smaller piece of pie or sharing it. but it was YUMMY.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank atlmom12
Hendersonville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pie, oh Pie!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've been to this quaint pie shop a few times now. Having had Keylime and Peach, I would like to say these homemade delights are just absolutely wonderful! The Keylime was delectable with their homemade whip cream, and the Peach was offered to be heated up and with a scoop of, again, homemade icecream, it was all around delicious. They also offer sandwiches and I must say they're just as great. I have noticed different people always working there though and I guess the service depends on who it is. The music in the background was very soothing and they keep the shop nice and cool which is refreshing from walking around downtown in the sun. Some days they stay open longer than others and I wouldn't mind having pie of their pie at 8 o' clock at times! But overall, this is a place I will most likely visit again and again. Every time it's a wonderful, new experience of flavor.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank John S
Hendersonville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just discovered this gem and so glad we did. Best three berry pie I have ever had and the crust is amazingly flaky. I make it a point to visit any bakery that claims their items are home made and from local fruit, etc. This is well worth the stop. I also had home made vanilla ice cream on my hot out of the oven pie. Will definitely return again and again.

• Visited June 2012