“Not just for kids!”

Elijah Mountain Gem Mine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, in Hendersonville, NC, you become a prospector from the 1800's and mine for real gem stones that you can keep! Gems that are found daily include Rubys, Sapphires, Emeralds, Quartz crystals, Citrine, Amethyst, Garnets, Adventurine, Sodalite, Opal, Fluorite, Aquamarine and many more! Our flumes are covered for your comfort and for rain or shine mining! You can even bring a picnic and relax at one of our picnic tables or by the creek! During colder months we have INDOOR mining too!Our Rock Shop is the best around and no one can beat our prices! Also, come pet our baby goats!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not just for kids!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I love doing new things. On our recent trip to Asheville we found out about Elijah Mountain and the possibilities of gem mining! It looked fun and it sure was! It's about 30 minutes from Asheville off of I-26 and was very easy to get to. We bought a green giant bucket and found an amazing assortment of loot! Rubies, emeralds, garnets, geodes, amethyst, crystals and more. Also, the shopping there is so much fun with very good prices. This a must see if you are in the mountains!

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Time Ever!!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I just want to start out by saying that we knew going to Elijah Mt Gem Mine we were sloushing with gem dirt bought to this facility and not actually digging which is really exhausting. We bought a few bigger buckets and spent 2 wonderful fun filled hrs. Finding beautiful gem stones, fossils,sharks teeth, large geodes....when we finished and had bagged all our treasure, Sandy( one of the owners) stayed and identified our findings. FABULOUS woman, so much fun and we found some real beauties. Highly recommended stopping and enjoying some time here, we can not wait to come back. Thank you so much for a great end to our vacation!!

Cary, North Carolina
“Second Trip as Good as the First!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is an absolutely great place! Especially if you have kids. There is so much to see and the staff bends over backwards to ensure you are taken care of. We have been here twice in the last couple months and our kids are begging to go back! Gem mining is so much fun. Great photo ops too! We found rubies, emeralds, amethyst, jasper, garnets, tree agate, geodes, all kinds of quarts crystals, and Amazonite. Plus many more. If you are in the area, it is a must see.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Best Prices on gem specimens ever!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I try to visit Elijah Mountain on a monthly basis to see what's new. I am very impressed with the ever-changing selection and their service. I visit several area stores and their prices are by far the best. I have also gem mined there and really enjoyed it. I have used many of the gems I found in jewelry that I make and sell. If you like gems, mining and fun experiences, take time to visit!

Visited March 2014
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“WE LOVE It!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

one of our favorite things to do year round, the best ten dollars u will spend mining for gems or fossils. and then identifying them and bagging them. owners are so nice. kids to adults will have fun, wear clothes u can get dirty or take a towel to dry your arms from sifting in the water. great gift shop and reasonably priced, do all your xmas shopping their. lots of antiques too. bought my favorite southern hat from their.

Visited February 2014
Dean C, Owner at Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am glad you like the mine so much! We really try to make it wonderful for all. Reviews like yours help others find out how awesome it is! Hope to see you again soon!