Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews green bucket baby goats gallon bucket koi pond mining area lots of fun whole family mining experience birthday party all ages kids and adults fun activity walked away petrified wood great family fun kids love gift shop
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

This place Definately deserves 5 stars. They exceeded our expectations. Friendly staff, plenty to see, and cozy with the buck stove fired up!! The goats are very tame also.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Took the whole family and everyone enjoyed themselves. We ranged from 50 to 80 and we all were thrilled with our finds, and the staff were friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I'll come back every time I'm through this area.

Dean C, Owner at Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind review! Elijah Mountain is great fun for all ages! You all proved it. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently took two groups of visiting family members with kids for a fun time "mining". Both kids and adults had a good time finding rock treasures in a pleasant atmosphere. It's a little messy and a little dirty in this mountain themed rock hunters paradise. It's all under roof so it's a good activity rain or shine.
The folks that work there are friendly and energetic and make it fun especially for kids. We took 3 kids ages 2 to 12 and they all had a great time. If you get Kyle to help you, he will go all out to get them started and make it fun and easy.

Thank you four your review! So glad the family had a great time! Please come visit us again!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Buckets for all budgets. Really friendly knowledgeable staff. It can be a bit messy but that's part of the fun. Amazing amount of gems found in $25 bucket including Amethyst,
and large pieces of rose quartz. Great shop to buy whole range of polished gems. Even met a professional geologist who was passing through and really enjoyed the shop.

3  Thank DownUnderMum
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

If you’re visiting the Hendersonville/Asheville area, the Elijah Mountain Gem Mine is a must-do! There is something for every budget, and our favorite part was Danielle telling us about all the different gems and fossils we had found! Kyle was also great and our daughter loved watching him crack open the geode she had found. This place exceeded our expectations and to top it all off, there are goats!!! We will definitely be back to visit next time we come to the area.

Dean C, Owner at Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your great review. Glad everyone had a fun time. See you soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Elijah Mountain has chickens that roam around. The staff said they were security. Lol. Then you can go visit the goats. They love to be petted on. After all that activity you can look around for your favorite gems. Great place for kids too.

1  Thank lbowen32

There is a lot to do here at the mine! Thank you for your wonderful review. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

The only reason I’m putting 3 stars is because my children liked it. For myself, I would have put 1.

The positives. The staff seemed friendly. My kids liked it (7 and 9). It’s in Hendersonville, so there’s other things to do nearby.

The parts we didn’t like. It was run down. I know it’s a gem mining place and supposed to be “rustic,” but this was beyond. It was just dirty (and I’m not talking about the mining part). I took my kids to wash their hands and my son had to go to the bathroom. It was unbearable in their “bathroom.” It was so dirty and smelly. The water that we used for the panning was bad. I went to grab a gem out of the box and grabbed a gooey hairball or something. I about died. Some of the pictures on Trip Advisor are definitely older and the place no longer looks like that.

2  Thank Cassie K

Thank you for visiting the gem mine. Glad your kids enjoyed it. Sorry that other things were not as you expected. Everything you listed in your review has been addressed and corrected if needed. We hope you will stop in again.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

I would highly recommend this spot. Way better than the other Jem mining places i have been. The kids found piles of jems and one huge geod. We had two kids mining for over an hour on $60 worth of dirt. It was perfect for what we needed. Best tip is larger amounts have way better stuff. Staff were super nice. Friendly with kids and cheerful with us old people. The store on site has cool stuff for kids and gifts for adults that would be one of a kind. Also some picnic benches by a stream if your looking for a good pic nic spot.

2  Thank Quest362952
Dean C, Owner at Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Thank you for visiting us. I'm glad everyone had a good time. The $60 green giant is a great bucket. Good choice! Come seee us again soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Besides hiking to all the nearby waterfalls, this was our favorite event! The mining station is covered so we didn't have to stand in the hot sun. The employees were very knowledgeable and helpful. They answered all our continued questioning and identified the stones we found. There were 4 of us so we purchased a Giant bucket for $60. We We found geodes, fossils, several huge amethysts, little emeralds and sapphires and lots of other gems! If your children love rocks, this stop is a must!!

1  Thank Beth K
Dean C, Owner at Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. Glad you enjoyed Elijah Mountain so much! We appreciate your business! Hope you visit us again sometime.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

I recently went back a second time. Once again I was not disappointed. We found lots of great stuff. Heather was AMAZING both times, she enhances our visits with her vast knowledge and neat stories. We also chose to have her polish some of the stones we found. I can wait to see how the Ruby turns out.

Thank you for visiting us TWICE! Glad you enjoyed the gem mine. Please visit again when you can.