“Had to return”

Elijah Mountain Gem Mine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, in Hendersonville, NC, you become a prospector from the 1800's and mine for real gem stones that you can keep! Gems that are found daily include Rubys, Sapphires, Emeralds, Quartz crystals, Citrine, Amethyst, Garnets, Adventurine, Sodalite, Opal, Fluorite, Aquamarine and many more! Our flumes are covered for your comfort and for rain or shine mining! You can even bring a picnic and relax at one of our picnic tables or by the creek! During colder months we have INDOOR mining too!Our Rock Shop is the best around and no one can beat our prices! Also, come pet our baby goats!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Troy, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Had to return”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were told the first visit by another miner that it was so much better than others but after going to one in Pigeon Forge, we were convinced for ourselves so our second visit had to include a stop to pan and this time I looked at the gifts and antiques closer and even they are to please. The owner couldn't be nicer and more helpful. Great place.

1 Thank kemrem
Dean C, Owner at Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We take great pride in our family owned mine and we don't take for granted that you could have went somewhere else. We're glad you see the difference in our mine and others.

Myrtle Beach, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun experience”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My son & I had such a blast here mining for gems & the shop itself is so cool & has so much cool stuff in it. The staff was incredibly friendly & hospitable!!

1 Thank Mandy G
Thank you for your very nice review! It makes our day when folks leave having had a great time! We hope to see you again!
North Carolina
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“More than a touristy spot”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I must admit that I went here with the preconception that this was nothing more than a tourist trap. I am happy to admit I was wrong. The point of coming here was to get a bucket of sand so my son and I could pan for treasures. My son and I each got a small bucket and we had so much fun competing with each other about who had the best treasures in each pan. They load the buckets with treasures. We found clear quartz crystals, garnets, amethyst, and so much more. It was loads of fun. Then we explored the shop and their gems, geodes and fossils are some of the most amazing I have seen, not to mention, offered at the best pricing around! I have seen pieces of lower quality/value in Asheville for significantly higher prices than you will pay here. Finally, we looked at the antiques and I hate to tell you about them because when I have more spending money I would like to go back and get some of the pieces. The have some unusual and beautiful pieces and they are spot on as far as pricing. Whoever prices their pieces has done his/her homework. This really was a nice, relaxing way to spend a few hours. People of all ages were there and apparently they have regulars that come weekly. You can leave spending as much or as little as you like, so why not check it out?!

3 Thank chelldeni
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Family fun”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Kids of all ages will enjoy a visit here. You get to keep whatever you find. A different activity that many people have never tried before. Lots of fun for a child's birthday party!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Telozgirl
Asheville, North Carolina
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Fun family day outing!”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Fun place to spend an afternoon with your family. Everyone ends up having a great time. The staff is very friendly!

2 Thank Amber N