“Needs work”

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
“Needs work”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Server was professional, patrons were not allowed to watch the cooking of their foods, Prices are way to high for the amount of food you receive.

Visited December 2011

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Habachi without the table show!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The food is great - they have a little of every type of asian cuisine. Chines, Japanese, Thai and Korean. The flavors are bright and fresh and the chef has turned up the volume on the classics! I love getting this to go because it is so freshly made that I don't have to reheat anything when I get home. I carry their menu with me for the times I need something in a hurry! Great food on this side of town that is not mexican!

Visited April 2012
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“An enjoyable lunch experience”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I've been to the Hibachi Grill for lunch twice this month and had a good meal both times. The prices are reasonable, the renovated decor is lovely (almost impossible to recognize it is the same building as before), and the food is tasty and very attractively presented. I had the Korean kimchi plate the first time, and the Vietnamese-style lemongrass beef the second time. My dining partner had the Pad Thai and said it was great. Some not-ver-Asian touches -- loads of bell peppers in most dishes, quite mild spicing even when you ask for it hot, and green tea in a diner-style cup -- but that's just typical of Asian restaurants in Henderson County. Forget the authenticity and just take it for what it is, which is a nice lunch spot.

The service was good, but the restaurant was packed and the staff was a bit overwhelmed both times. We had a long wait even for lunch both times, but the servers were very friendly and helpful, just shorthanded.

Overall a good place to go for a leisurely lunch, and a diverse selection of Chinese/Thai/Japanese/Korean/Vietnamese dishes on the menu.

• Visited January 2012
“The 3rd Umi”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This is Umi's third resturant opend in Western NC and is awesome. The service is great and the food is outstanding. The prices are fair.

1 Thank kevysnowb
Weaverville, North Carolina
“Best service I have ever recieved”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Me and my husband enjoyed our 5th aniversary at Umi last week and were very pleased. The dishes our server (Krystal) sugested were excellent. I had red curry and my husband had filet mignon. We are a little needy but our server didnt mind. She always had a smile and a great sense of humor. She talked us into trying red bean icecream which was surprisingly very tasty. We will be back!
Barbie Johnson