“Never say never..”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The first time we ate at Sol y Luna, I said I will never go back. Then we found out there was an outside patio and decided to give it another try. I am so glad we did. The patio is beautiful, the service was outstanding (Jacob) and the food and margaritas were outstanding! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

It's been a while and we had forgotten how good this place is. They are adding an additional restaurant on Main Street in Hendersonville which is a good sign. We had the fajitas which were fresh and tasty. We'll be back.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I went on Cinco de Mayo expecting it to be packed and have to wait. To our surprise, we got seated right away. This place is very big and has way more seating than you would think. The patio is quite large too, although we sat inside as it was already packed outside. The service was great and the food was delicious. The prices were on par with other mexican restaurants in the area that I have been to. We also each had a margarita which was delicious. I always recommend going to local restaurants over box chains because they are usually way better in the quality of food and also you get a lot more for your money. We don't normally celebrate Cinco De Mayo but just happened to be off and this experience really made our night. We were so satisfied with Sol Y Luna.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had a great salad with grilled chicken, black beans, tomato, and avacado on top of very fresh romaine lettuce, served in a light and crispy tortilla shell, with sour cream and guacamole on the side. Everything was very fresh and the chicken had great flavor. The margaritas were perfect. Chips and salsa were good although the salsa was a bit runny for my taste. The bean dip was very tasty.

The atmosphere is casual and relaxed. The inside of the restaurant was very nicely decorated. There is a "water wall" as you first enter. We ate on the outdoor deck which was large, shaded by some nice trees, fully enclosed and a very nice atmosphere. There seemed to be a little confusion with the wait staff, but over all the service was good. Prices were very reasonable.

The restaurant is located in a small shopping center in Laurel Park. I noticed a sign in downtown Hendersonville that said "Sol y Luna ... coming soon". Not sure if they are opening another location or just planning on moving.

The Sun and Moon ... great food and great margaritas ... What more could you want?

1  Thank Wanderlust057
Reviewed June 4, 2014

In addition to having great food at reasonable prices, the deck is one of the best I've ever experienced. Three large shade trees keep it cool; and it's located so that it is very quiet. My only food complaint would be about the thin, watery salsa that is brought with the chips when you are first seated. The other dip is made of humus or refried beans and is very good.