“Working our way through the menu”
Review of Sol y Luna

Sol y Luna
Ranked #24 of 201 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We really like this place - friendly service and the food is much better than the regular fare at Mexican restaraunts. We are trying to work our way through the menu and so far have not been disappointed. Perhaps my favorite so far are the burritos - the BBQ chcken is fabulous and the Chile Relleno (sp?) is right there with it. My wife really likes the tortilla soup with chicken and thinks the Fajitas are the best anywhere.

There are newer reviews for Sol y Luna

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is one of the newer Mexican restaurants in town, so we gave it try. While the food was of a good quality, it didn't seem genuine. The servers seemed uncomfortable; perhaps they were new. It is probably a bit better suited for those that aren't that fussy about food authenticity and want large portions (portions are large) and lots of beer.

If you really like California Mexican food as opposed to real Mexican food, this place might be okay. It may just be us, but we prefer the real deal. There are probably 3 or 4 better places in Hendersonville.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love the clean nice atmosphere. Tortillas are homemade and great. Dips are fantastic. Food portions are large. Best mexican in Hendersonville, and there are several!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is really an outstanding restaurant. We lived in southern California for over 4o years so prefer cal mex over tex mex, although really enjoy all styles. This restaurant takes the extra effort to make the meal more upscale without added prices. The service is excellent also.
Some examples of the extra efforts;
Warm Fajita Salad is assembled at the table by the server. Everything goes into a stainless bowl and mixed, then a sauce is added and mixed. The flavor and quality is just a step above even the best fajitas we have ever had, and is in a salad form.
Tacos are made with a very flavorful roasted beef, not hamburger, are lagre, mexican cheese not cheddar, plenty of vegies.
Veggie wrap with a special mexican sour cream type sauce is great.
Chicken tortilla soup is outstanding.

Everything is just really well done. There are a few other good Mexican places in Hendersonville but this is the best.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I almost really hate to tell everyone how good this place is. I have to get there early just to get a table. The table side guacamole is as good as I make at home. I have been trying different dishes and my current favorite is the chicken flautas. I used to eat at Papas and Beer, but I haven't been back since finding this gem.