“Sunday buffet or weekday lunch, a real treat either way”

Daddy D's Suber Soulfood
Ranked #36 of 200 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American
Description: Competitor's reviews: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/82/1419515/restaurant/Asheville/Daddy-Ds-Suber-Soulfood-Hendersonville
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Sunday buffet or weekday lunch, a real treat either way”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We love the sunday buffet, especially the good vibes and the fried chicken, but also love to come at lunch on a weekday when there's a good chance Daddy D will come out and smooze a while! During the week we seem to always have the catfish, which never disappoints. And 7th is a really good feeling...you gotta love the festivals and I'm glad Daddy D's there.

• Visited October 2013

Western North Carolina
“Our Third Visit and It's Just as Good!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We decided to choose a restaurant that had food I DON'T make at home and for sure, I'd be a blimp if I made this incredibly delicious food more often than every once in a while!

We've never had better fried pork chops! The seasoning was just delicious. Macaroni and Cheese lived up to the positive comments we've read here and was generously swimming in butter. Stewed cabbage was new to me, but equally delicious. I suspect they might have added some sugar to it - which was a welcome addition. Corn muffins were refreshing moist as well as delicious.

Only nitpick was we would have preferred real butter instead of Shedd's Country Crock.

• Visited November 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Not so great”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hmmmmmm....don't know why others are calling this a gem. Maybe I just went on a bad day, but they were out of several things I wanted to order, the fish was undercooked, and just pretty sub-par all together. Not impressed and I've eaten at a lot of Soul Food restaurants all over the East Coast. Sorry......gotta give this one a thumbs down and I'm definitely not going back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank NunyaBusinessEver
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Just like eating in mamma's kitchen!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were lucky enough to find this gem on Trip Advisor on our recent day trip to Hendersonville. Did not disappoint! Nothing fancy just good home cooked everything!!! Dined on delicious fried chicken and pork chops. okra, collards & Mac & cheese. The owner and staff will make you feel right at home, wonderful food and delightful people. We will be back for sure

• Visited October 2013
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“A happy paradox”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Not in a real good location. The building is dumpy both outside and in. But then. Cloth tablecloths and napkins. Excellent service. Fantastic food. My wife and I had fried chicken, fried pork chops, mac and cheese, collards, yams and slaw. Collards are not my thing but I think they were pretty good anyway. The rest was delicious. All of the side dishes were home made and it was obvious. This is the kind of place where you have to trust the reviews or you won't go there. Trust. Go.

• Visited August 2013