“Best kept secret”

Daddy D's Suber Soulfood
Ranked #20 of 204 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American
Description: Competitor's reviews: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/82/1419515/restaurant/Asheville/Daddy-Ds-Suber-Soulfood-Hendersonville
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Wonderful home style food. Cloth tablecloths great service. Meatloaf and chicken liver lunches are great. Vegetables are wonderful.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was an excellent find! We traveled to Hendersonville to meet a relative, and saw this restaurant listed in one of the tourist magazines at the NC Welcome Center. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. We were absolutely floored once we got our food. The chicken was fried to perfection, and the macaroni and cheese was unreal. We went back the next week for their Sunday buffet. Everything was excellent!
The cook told me that they were rated one of the best restaurants in North Carolina, but due to the location, are not well known.

If you are traveling anywhere near this location, or don't live too far away, you but with yourself to come and give it a try. This restaurant will be permanently starred on my map!
I would have posted photos, but I could not keep the food on my plate long enough!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Best home cookin I have had in a long time. I had wonderful crispy, juicy fried chicken, crispy fried okra, and creamy-cheesy mac'n'cheese. I will go again when in Hendersonville.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just like going to Grandma's for dinner. Come hungry! Fried pork chops, okra, mac and cheese, collard greens and banana pudding or peach cobbler for dessert. Owner, Pastor David, is very friendly and out-going. He makes everyone feel right at home. Don't be intimidated by the location. A true, southern hospitality experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Mac and cheese, collards, pintos that would make my great grandmother proud. Green beans and black eyed peas cooked just right. Whole flounder seasoned to perfection. Beyond a doubt the best home cooking you'll find anywhere nearby and the restaurant is spotless. If you're lucky enough to meet the owner you'll find him delightful.