“Lovely”

Cafe on the Veranda
Ranked #56 of 204 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Get the tuna salad and "sunshine slaw". It is the best in town! Also a fun place for afternoon tea. My mother and my young daughter both love it there, so it is a place you can take anyone!

1  Thank herschelsusan

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I had lunch here on August 3rd. She had eaten here previously and always enjoyed the food. Both our lunches today were very good and reasonably priced. The tomato basil soup was fresh; the sandwiches were delicious- lots of bread choices, the broccoli slaw with golden raisins and a wonderful orange-flavored dressing was yummy. The atmosphere is pleasant - menu offers a lot of choices- recommended for a relaxing lunch.

1  Thank RedRockTravelers
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a cute little place that is to the side of A Day in the Country store. I had lunch here with a friend of mine today and really enjoyed it. We both had the chicken salad. Mine was in a wrap & hers was on bread. I had the tomato soup for my side. It was all yummy! They also had a nice selection of hot teas. We looked around the store while they were preparing our food. A great lunch & fun chatting with my friend. I will be back!

1  Thank beautyqueen416
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have visited this restaurant a number of times as a couple and with friends and family. Each experience has been quite good. They have a daily soup selection that is always good, as well as other daily specials, including quiche. The broccoli corn bread is a surprise on the first visit, but is very good. The service is friendly and quite well done. Visit the Day in the Country Gift Shop which is in the same building and part of the same business.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

This is the second time I have eaten here, and both times it was excellent. It's an old country house, converted into a cafe (and there's a store attached with little trinkets for sale). The inside seating area is surrounded by big picture windows and country decor -- it's really a very pleasant dining experience. The people running the place are so friendly and accommodating.

I had the most delicious sandwich with provolone cheese on cranberry bread with cranberry chutney (it also has turkey, but being a vegetarian, I had them leave that off). The sandwiches come with 1 side dish and I got the potato salad - which I can honestly say is about the best I have ever tasted. My friend had ham on a croissant, and a side of tomato/basil soup, which was homemade and she liked very much. Overall, very good food at very good prices -- a totally wonderful dining experience. They also have a big variety of homemade desserts; but, I didn't try any of them. It closes at 3:30 - so go before then if you go.

There is also a very nice outside dining area when the weather is nice.

The only and only bad thing I have to say is the location. It's right off I-26, right in the middle of a big commercial area. But, once you turn into the driveway, you forget all that.