“Popular downtown eatery”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've eaten at Mezzaluna several times. The food is good, not great, with satisfying portions. The table bread is baked at the restaurant so it's crisp and hot when brought to your table. The prices are a little on the high side but within reason. On Thursdays, Mezzaluna offers 1/2 bottles of wine so Thursday nights are very popular. The pizzas are unique and tasty. On the weekends, during the summer, there is a waiting line which creates a sense of being rushed. During the winter, though, it's more leisurely.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very enjoyable place for lunch in downtown Henderson! Great bar, really good food. Both my wife and myself were very pleasantly surprised how good the food was. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went last night -Friday evening and had 30 min wait. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs. I took a bite of the meatballs and didn’t eat the rest. Taste was ok and they were too done. Burnt on the bottom. Sauce was super good though. My sons pizza was great and so was the ravioli. We asked for bread and they said the oven had been too full with pizzas. She did come back with some 5 minutes later.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are there on the evening the remnants of Hurricane Michael passed by and several other restaurants were closed, so factor that in to the review.

There was a wait of about 20 minutes. This was made much worse by the greeter who was awful at managing the folks coming in and maintaining the list. He appeared to be way over-worked and was cleaning tables, fussing over his menu stacks, seating folks, and ‘greeting’ all at the same time. The desk was unmanned about 50% of the time, which led to endless confusion for newcomers walking in. This was all conducted by the greeter at practically a whisper and without eye contact so I watched two different sets of people miss their call initially. There were never less than 15 people waiting inside the doors (which open IN with predictable results) with more waiting outside. This continued through our own wait and through our entire meal.

Once seated the food was quite good and timely—no complaints there. Our server was running like mad the whole time and I felt sorry for her. She did a great job for us. And we happened to be there on ‘wine night’, which consists of half price bottles. We had a nice Chianti.

I’d like to put this experience off to the storm and the pile-on effect of some other restaurants being closed, but reading other reviews it appears that they chronically under-staff.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Just went to Mezzaluna for the 1st time and was so impressed with the Chicken Parmesan I had to write this. It is the best i have ever had,the chicken was not fried or grilled it was fire grilled cooked ,The sauce was robust and thick ,plenty of spaghetti,Had to take some home. Hubby had the skirt steak and was also impressed. I won't hesitate to go there again!!