“Great Food!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here in our way home after visiting a local apple orchard. We were hoping there was something nice downtown Hendersonville and this restaurant was really worth driving 15 more minutes to the historic downtown area. We shared a calzone and it was delicious. It was very fresh with just the right amount of cheese (not too much!). The marinara sauce was amazing. I would stop here again if we were ever back in the area for apple picking.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We happened up on Mezzaluna last weekend somewhat by accident, but what a pleasant surprise! After arrived at our conference too late for dinner, we struck out on our own hungry in downtown Hendersonville and saw this place. It's in a great old renovated downtown building. Service was excellent. Although I was hungry, I didn't want a 14" pizza so our server suggested the kiddie version could be made into the margerita pizza I was craving. Delicious! Everyone else in my party loved their food too. Will go back!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped for dinner before going to see the Downtown Flat Rock Playhouse's performance of "Cats". Given the beautiful evening we opted to sit outside at a table on the sidewalk, which, by the way, I highly recommend. As it happened, it was Thursday night, their half price bottles/glasses of wine night; nice surprise. Enjoyed a bottle of our favortie wine with our meal. They have a large selection of microbrews on tap as well as a large selection of wines. We started with two appetizers, the fried oysters and the eggplant with carmelized onion on bruschetta. Both were very tasty. We then decided on one of their wood-fired crust pizzas. Absolutely delicious. They specialize in brick oven cooking. Our server was both knowledgeable and attentive. He provided us with excellent service. We'll DEFINATELY be back when in the area!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were very impressed with our meal at Mezzaluna Brick Oven & Tap House. We were just wandering around looking for a place to eat, and the menu looked good, so we figured we would give it a try. My wife had the Oven roasted chicken breast with fig, honey, ricotta salata and balsamic glaze, and I had the Grilled salmon with roasted roma tomatoes. Our server was very accommodating to our substitutions (vegetables instead of starch, dressing on the side). Both of our dishes were perfectly prepared - my fish was very moist but completely cooked. A house salad can be added to any entree for $3, and it was fresh with a tasty dressing. They have a large selection of microbrews on tap, including many from North Carolina, as well as a large selection of wines by the glass. Our server was excellent, and very knowledgeable about the menu items and beer, as well as very accommodating. We would definitely return to this restaurant on our next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great food, good prices. I kept ordering the chicken marsala with risotto with a tasty side salad (field greens and gorgonzola cheese) which comes with rolls and a herbed butter. Others with me have had the trout and salmon and reported them to be fresh and delicious