“Delightful!”

Mean Mr. Mustard
Ranked #43 of 198 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Serving a casual sit down or takeout breakfast or lunch with additional outdoor dining.
“Delightful!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Great little restaurant where the food is good, atmosphere quite fun and the service good too!
It is a small place but they managed to seat 6 in our party with very little wait. They have always been busy when we've been there!

• Visited June 2014

“A previously cool little restaurant has list it's cool”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Mean Mr Mustard's move from downtown Hendersonville to Kanuga Rd was a bad move. First it is hard to find. Second, when you find it you are sorry you did. No service at the table, a stupid tv on, menu more limited, decor sad, food not as good. My husband and I use to go regularly, but no more. Too bad, because it use to be one of my favorites.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank SandieJB
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Since their move, they gone downhill badly”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We used to love to go to Sunday brunch several times a month when Mustard's was at their original location, conveniently off Main Street. But they moved, and downsized, not just the square footage, but the menu options, the type of service - from previous tableside to order at a stand-up window. One of their best items, homemade focaccia bread is no longer available, and we found ourselves having to get up for coffee refills, and condiments. I won't go back, and don't recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank Ron K
Asheville, North Carolina
“Playing TV with Fox News will keep me from returning”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Having breakfast or lunch with my aging father is one of my favorite things to do and I try to take him places where the food is fresh and the atmosphere is pleasant. I used to enjoy Mean Mister Mustard at their old location. Now they have you order at the counter, take a number and your food is delivered. No servers. Then you bus your own dishes. No Bussers. Today, I sat down in the sunroom area and overheard some preposterous crap on the TV behind me, turned around and Fox News was on.

When I ordered my salad, I stated that I was gluten free and asked for the "Brie Cheese Crouton" without the crouton, just the cheese. I was told it costs more, I asked how much, was told a dollar and agreed to the price. When my salad came, it had a small piece of crouton in it! OK-if I have celiac, I could be very sick from that and never know it... they need to pay attention when people say gluten free! For me, that was the last trip. Cut corners by eliminating jobs, tack on a dollar to take something off the plate and play Fox News on TV... totally sucks.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Indeedboo
Ferndale, Michigan
“Still Good Food but.....”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Moved to Kanuga Road. You now order at the counter and bus your own table. Not inexpensive but the food is 'real'. Had an excellent specialty omelette with crab, and a luxurious potato bake to go with it. Also loved the home made biscuit. My partner always gets the liver 'mush' and loves it. Nice to sit in the sun room or balcony. Miss the larger menu and wait staff at the old place but still worth going to.

Visited April 2014