“A Nice Switch”

Mean Mr. Mustard
Ranked #43 of 197 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American, Cafe, International, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving a casual sit down or takeout breakfast or lunch with additional outdoor dining.
NC
“A Nice Switch”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Lots of good eats in H'ville. Had heard of MMM but not been able to try it until now. We popped in for lunch. Busy but we got seated. You can order breakfast all day but we ordered a wrap and a soup/sandwich combo. Reuben was absolutely the best I ever had. The meat was superb - sliced thin and grilled. The sauce had a delightful horseradish base that was fabulous. The kraut tasted homemade.Sandwich was on homemade bread - more of a focaccia style than rye.I got the crab/lobster bisque. Very nice - not really a heavy cream based preparation - more of a brown sauce base but quite good, The turley wrap and potato salad passed muster as well. Tea was fresh, sweet, and good. Sorry no Beatles music was playing. Service was good considering they were busy...friendly as well. We'll go back.

• Visited April 2013

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“What am I missing?”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I looked thru several reviews on here before I decided to comment on my own experience, as I thought my standards might be too high. Went in for b'fast and got the eggs,bacon and home fries. It was OK, nothing special. You can order free range eggs for $1 more and that is a nice option. My friend got pancakes, and they are served with a small amount of syrup, so we had to ask for more and waited for it to be brought to the table. Coffee refills were often, and service was decent. Staff was friendly. Place was crowded so this may explain some of the reason why we had to wait for the syrup to be brought to the tale. Expected Beatles music to be playing but it wasn't, although the place is decorated with Beatles items. Clean place. Not too expensive and right downtown, so walking Main St. Is an option after eating. If you are in the area and looking for something a bit upscale for b'fast then go. Menu is varied and has nice choices. I would not say it is a MUST place , as there are many choices in downtown.

Kansas City, MO
“What a treat!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was so happy to finally eat here after three trips to the area. Monty and Dianne are the best. They provide a wonderful eclectic menu with quite the collection of Beatle's memorabilia. A friend came in and played Beatles music softly in the background. The baked goods are to die for, thanks Dianne and the freash food was 5 stars for sure, thanks Monty and staff. You will be sad if you miss this opportunity for a great overall experience!

• Visited March 2013
North, South Carolina
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been wanting to go here after reading so many reviews. Well, they are right, this place is great. It is small with a great atmosphere. The food is fresh and unique serving breakfast all day. I had one the salads with a homemade fruit vinaigrette, awesome. They do their own baking, fresh bread, biscuits, and homemade soups. I will be going back to try a whole bunch more. Excellent

estero,Fl
“Love It, Love It. Love it!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been here at least 6 or 7 times for lunch with my wife, friends and golf buddies. Salmon, eggs Benedict, sandwiches are all very good. There is always a baked good available for desert too. I'll keep returning and bringing visitors and friends. We go out for lunch almost every week all season...Mean Mr. Mustard is our top go to spot.

• Visited September 2012