Best Western Hendersonville Inn
$207
Hampton.com
$123
$72
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
Hotwire.com
CedarWood Inn(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
$99
Comfort Inn(Hendersonville)
$77
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmexican restaurantel pasoroom was cleanolder hotelno elevatorfree breakfastcoffee makerplace to stayoff the highwayconvenient locationwafflesnice breakfastnice staychimney rocknorth carolinabwlobby
Reviewed December 3, 2009

This is our second time staying at this hotel. We really find this place to be a great value with a great location. This is one of the cleanest hotels that have ever stayed in that was reasonably priced and has a lot to offer. I really like the Mexican restaurant off the lobby and the guest computer that's in the lobby to check email. My wife really likes the mini fridges that are in the rooms and the attended breakfast. We find the rooms well maintained and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
gm34113, General Manager at Best Western Hendersonville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2009

Thank you for your review, at the Best Western Hendersonville Inn it is our goal to make sure that each guest has a truly memorable experience with us. We hope that when you get the opportunity you will visit us again and allow us to show you GENUINE AMERICAN QUALITY in Hendersonville, NC.

Reviewed November 19, 2009

I do alot of traveling for many reasons. Whenever I am in the western portion of North Carolina this is my hotel of choice. They have NEVER failed to make me feel at home, gone over board to assure that my accomidations were more than adequate. The Mexican Resturant and the Breakfast Bar and 24/7 coffee availablity makes this hotel an excellent base for any purpose!. Every staff member has always been pleasant, smiling, and never shrugged off , " well the morning staff might be able to help." or a hundred other excuses hotel staff are famous for replying when they are just not interested in helping. You can't go wrong staying here, it's centrally located to any of the points of interest and vacation entertainment!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed at the Best Western in November during my twice annual move from Florida to NY and back...yes, I am a snowbird. I go out of the I95 path to visit my mother, who has lived in Hendersonville for 37 years. Last fall, she fell and broke her hip and now lives in a nursing home there. Thus, I need a motel after we sold her house.
The Best Western is well situated for my visits. I can get to the nursing home easily from there. I love the Mexican restaurant and looked forward to dinner there.
I checked in after driving for 2 days from Long Island, The desk clerk was on an obviously personal phone call and was a bit annoyed by my entrance. I said "I will be staying a couple nights and quite possibly more" as I needed to see how Mom was first. I informed her I was a travel agent (many hotels, such as Hilton, give us a 50% off) but she said the best she could do was 25% Senior discount, as advertised on their marquee. This came to $61.87. I thought it was high for the area, but I was tired, so I took it. She gave me no receipt...just a room keycard. The room was OK...you could tell it was old but seemed clean enough. I was glad to see a fridge as I travel with my own special foods and the microwave would be useful. I laid out a bag of popcorn to have the nest night.
I got up in the AM and went to see Mom and spent the day with her. When I returned to the room, the keycard didn't work, so I walked to the office. Same desk clerk. Again on a personal call. I told her my card didn't work and she reactivated it without even asking my name, much less for an ID. I went to the room....shock! It had been cleaned out of all my belongings! I had all my heart medications on the sink, along with toothbrushes and other toiletries. The fridge was full of my special foods...including my planned dinner for that night and the popcorn! My travel bags I bring in for these few nights on the way are the reusable cloth bags we are all encouraged to use for groceries...I use 4 of them: 1 for toiletries; 1 for change of clothes, 1 for food; 1 for cellphone charger, camera; laptop charger and such. On this trip, I had to bring $1,200 in cash to the nursing home. I got that from my bank and hid it in a special can that I hid in the fridge. EVERYTHING was gone! My heart raced. What would I do?
I went to the front desk...she was still on the phone and was more annoyed! What now? I told her all my stuff was gone and that I was panicking. She said "we thought you left" and kind of said oh well! No...not oh well! She said she would look for it and call me. I waited in the bare room until I could wait no more. I went back to the office a 3rd time...she said maybe maintenance would have some of the things...a man came with a small plastic bag and at least I got my meds back.
I spoke to the manager, Jim Laub, next morning. He said he hadn't heard about it, but then knew the whole story. He said they throw food out, then changed his story to they had given me everything back...I listed all the things for him I did not get back! He offered a discount on a 3rd night...was he kidding! I was terriied the previous night...put the chair under the door to jam it closed...someone now had my extra car key, all my stuff, my money AND a room key!
I called my office and they suggested I call the police. I had the manager do this. The officer spoke to him and said it was a civil matter as they thought I had checked out.
The manager said my luggage was not "substantial enough" for them to think I would return. Not substantial? Well, where is THAT posted? It is all I need...I try to pack very efficiently for the many climates I encounter on my trip. And I went into detail about the purpose of my trip and that I'd stay a couple nights at least with the clerk when I came in...I try to find people that might know Mom and come visit her!
What next? I have written to Best Western Corporate office, but not yet received a response. I will follow up by filing a small claims suit against the motel in their area. And I will next week talk to a lawyer to see what else I can do.
And to add the final insult...I today looked at my American Express bill online and see they charged me $81.50 per night! I complained to AmEx and we'll see how they stand behind me.
The sad thing is that I will have to come to this area often...as long as Mom is there...as will the many, many members of our family. I was trying the Best WEstern to hae it be "our place" so all the family could stay at a good rate. That will not happen! I will be back there in a couple weeks and try the Ramada...it is just across the street.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS BEST WESTERN...they are not honest! Sadly, the employees really set the tone, no matter how nicely repainted an old place is...

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank dellharbin
gm34113, manager at Best Western Hendersonville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2009

The Best Western Hendersonville Inn strives to show each of it's guests true "Southern Hospitality. Unfortuantely, we are unable to meet every guests expectations every time. The Best Western Hendersonville Inn follows industry standards as it pertains to registering guests at check in and having each guest sign in acceptance of rates and length of stay. It is the goal of this hotel to show all guests "GENUINE AMERICAN QUALITY" every time they stay with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2009

Very reasonable, extremely professional staff and everyone eager to help with advice about the local area. The in house restauarant was excellent, truly one of the best meals I've had anywhere! The breakfast attendent was friendly and very helpful. Just a wonderful experience all the way around and I will return. Thanks!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed October 14, 2009

This is my first trip to to this particular Best Western, but I do stay at Best Westerns often. I was able to get a very good rate online and decided to give them a try. I arrived early and was able to check in around 2:00 which was nice. There is a Mexican restaurant right off the lobby and the food was outstanding. The lobby is very nice looking and they have free Starbucks coffee which made me very happy. I was greeted by the General Manager who was very friendly and wished me a pleasant stay. Martha checked me in to my room and told me all about the hotel and the local attractions. I was able to check my email in the lobby computer so I did not have to work from my room and bring out my laptop. The room was very clean and the bedding was out of this world. There was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room that was a nice touch. Eventually, I used the Wi-Fi from the room and it worked well. In the evening there was a managers reception in the lobby where I visited with the manager again and got to meet some nice travelers and potential business contacts. The next morning I had a quick but very nice breakfast and even splurged and had a homemade waffle and more Starbucks. Overall, I had a great experience and felt the value was very good.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business