“Nice hotel, would not recommend restaurant”

Best Western Hendersonville Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was exploring Hendersonville, NC and stayed at the local Best Western. The front desk person, an older woman, was there when I checked in and back in the morning. She was very helpful and as friendly as she could be. What a delight. I felt very much at home.

The room was average and clean. I was very comfortable. I slept well.

Breakfast was typical continental food. The arrangement of the items was confusing and took me awhile to figure out where everything was located. Some items were in the lobby area, and some in the breakfast area.

I would not recommend the on premise Mexican restaurant. My fish tacos were yummy, but the staff was stand-offish and slow. I was by myself and wanted a quiet meal. They sat me near a large group celebrating a birthday, even though there were many other empty tables. The noise was awful, though I don't begrudge their good time. I just wanted to be in a quieter area away from the celebration.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Autumn088
gm34113, General Manager at Best Western Hendersonville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our hotel, your opinions are important to continued success. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a good nights sleep. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal at El Paso, the Mexican restaurant on site, they have great food and people are always raving about their service and meals. We hope that you will visit us again the next time your are in the Hendersonville, NC. area, it would be our pleasure to serve you again.

A Best Western traveler
Newberry
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank A Best Western traveler

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a decent hotel for the price. The service staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was fine (I loved the automatic pancake maker). Being located close to a highway, there is road noise which may be difficult to tune out if you're a light sleeper. It's in a good location; many stores and places to eat are nearby.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
gm34113, General Manager at Best Western Hendersonville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, your experiences are important to the continued success of our hotel. Please remember us if you are ever in the Hendersonville, NC. area, it would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Nice sleeping room, comfortable bed, but tiny bath room. Breakfast was limited to few selections including "plastic scrambled eggs" and greasy sausage links. Price was cheap so you paid for what you got.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, your experiences are imprtatnt to the continued success of our hotel. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations, although I will say that we offer a very nice breakfast buffet that DOES NOT include sausage links. Please consider us the next timeyour are in the Hendersonville, NC. area, it would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night and overall I was very satisfied with my experience. The hotel is located just off I26 which is a very convenient location and easy to find. I arrived late, but the staff were helpful & the check-in process was fast & easy (I got a prepaid rate which was low). My room was on the back building which I felt was an advantage because it was far away from the traffic noise. The room itself was of best western quality, it was large with a large comfortable bed, desk & chairs and has a fridge, microwave, TV & coffee machine. The room was very clean & everything worked well. The bathroom was also of good size, clean and with a good water flow in the shower.
The only negative thing about this hotel was its wifi which prevented me from giving it 5 stars. The signal was so weak in the room (almost dead) so I had to go down to the parking area & walk in the direction of the reception for it to work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
gm34113, General Manager at Best Western Hendersonville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, your comments are important to our continued success. Our staff is very happy to learn that you were pleased with your clean room and our convenient location. Please remember us if you are ever in the Hendersonville, NC. area it would be pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The trip was a success but, the room had one of the worst door locks ever. the lever never really stayed where it was supposed to.. and the beds were the most uncomfortable. There were no toiletries left in the room.. it was like someone cleaned it in a hurry and then rented it out again.. i wasn't sure there was even a bed spread there. There were no extra towels or blankets. The breakfast had a nook that would be able to hold about six people at most. The people when we checked out were great. The gentleman that was there when we checked in.. not soo much as a personality. I was disappointing.. so we would be spending time in Herndersonville at another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, your comments are important to our continued success. We were dissappointed to learn that you were less then happy with your stay, our staff strives to make every guest experience memorable. Currently, we are in process of making major changes to our property to update and improve our hotel to better serve our guests needs. Please consider us again if you are ever in the Hendersonville, NC. area it would be pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

i was so please with my stay at this hotel. i've stayed at other hotels in town with my other membership and i was so dissatisfied. so i tried the best western. i've since become a best western member because this was such a nice place.. very, very clean and staff wonderful and breakfast was fine/customary. attendant was very helpful and pleasant. again very clean and that means so much to me. i have family that recently moved to h-ville and i will be staying here frequently. thank you bw h-ville. my dogs were very happy too. be back often.

Room Tip: can't beat it for cleanliness and price
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our hotel, your comments are important to our continued success. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and since you have family in the area, we will look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Best Reagrds from the Staff of the Best Western Hendersonville Inn.