“Great place for lunch”

The Green Room Cafe And Coffee House
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a mom and pop operation. Sue Green is mom and Ben Green is pop and we offer classic breakfast items, custom sandwiches and salads for lunch, and steak, seafood, etc for dinner. Please join us for a semi-fine dining experience in a casual atmosphere.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

One would not think this is a great restaurant because of the name. It is more then a coffeehouse and cafe. We received a very friendly and gracious greeting from the new owner, Ben as we were looking at the menu on the outside window. His wife, Sue was also very gracious and friendly as if welcoming us into her home. I enjoyed the shrimp bisque with big chunks of shrimp, potatoes and corn The sandwiches were delicious, my husband had the Cuban and I had the Memphian with roast beef, cheese and delicious horseradish sauce on a French bun. .We could not pass up the dessert, since it is made on site. I had the delectable cheese cake and my husband had the delectable pecan pie. This is one of the best restaurant for lunch in the downtown area. The atmosphere is relaxing and the food delicious. We definitely will return on our next visit to this area.

2  Thank clare07
There are newer reviews for The Green Room Cafe And Coffee House

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Ate pie next door at the pie shop and then went here for a great sandwich and espresso. Really liked how relaxed the decor was and the friendly owner. She is proud of her shop and I can see why.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Great place for a cup of coffee or tea, scones and relaxing. Staff is very friendly. Need a timeout on Main St? This will work just fine.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

Best Shrimp Bisque I ever had! Also had the cuban sandwich..delicious. Too much to finish and took it home for dinner. My friends and I stayed for hours and enjoyed the atmosphere. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

A short walk from work this little gem is just what me and my coworkers need to just sit down relax, talk and of course enjoy the fabulous food. The atmosphere is perfect with great customer service...Its clean and very cozy for a nice lunch with friends and family. "The food is ALWAYS fresh and TASTY." My favorite is the Main Street (combination of turkey, cranberries, cherries, parmesean,cheese and homemade basil pesto) with potato salad "Awsome" She has a good variety of excellent food on the menu." Now" Lets talk about desert..."The BEST BEST cheese cake I have ever TASTED" I have taken my friends and family and they agree. Also in the mornings she has breakfast, muffins, scones and makes the best french vanilla latte to get me going in the morning.
We've been eating here for many years and I highly recommend you try it you want be disappointed. We Love it!