“Cozy,comfy”

The Green Room Cafe And Coffee House
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a mom and pop operation. Sue Green is mom and Ben Green is pop and we offer classic breakfast items, custom sandwiches and salads for lunch, and steak, seafood, etc for dinner. Please join us for a semi-fine dining experience in a casual atmosphere.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Cozy,comfy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

Great place for a cup of coffee or tea, scones and relaxing. Staff is very friendly. Need a timeout on Main St? This will work just fine.

Visited September 2011

Asheville, North Carolina
“Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Best Shrimp Bisque I ever had! Also had the cuban sandwich..delicious. Too much to finish and took it home for dinner. My friends and I stayed for hours and enjoyed the atmosphere. Will definitely go back.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOCALS DEFINLTELY KNOW THE BEST PLACES IN HENDERSONVILLE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

A short walk from work this little gem is just what me and my coworkers need to just sit down relax, talk and of course enjoy the fabulous food. The atmosphere is perfect with great customer service...Its clean and very cozy for a nice lunch with friends and family. "The food is ALWAYS fresh and TASTY." My favorite is the Main Street (combination of turkey, cranberries, cherries, parmesean,cheese and homemade basil pesto) with potato salad "Awsome" She has a good variety of excellent food on the menu." Now" Lets talk about desert..."The BEST BEST cheese cake I have ever TASTED" I have taken my friends and family and they agree. Also in the mornings she has breakfast, muffins, scones and makes the best french vanilla latte to get me going in the morning.
We've been eating here for many years and I highly recommend you try it you want be disappointed. We Love it!

Jacksonville FL
“Shabby or chic?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

OK, it was the day before Thanksgiving, but that really can't explain the kitchen's lack of food. Our somewhat surly helper explained that they could not go to the grocery store that day. Short of help? Cash flow problem? At least she warned that the cook did not want to serve the questionable salad greens and was out of most everything on the menu. The sandwich I had was acceptable - a standard smoked turkey pannini. The decor is somewhat living roomish, but with a shabby double wide kind of feel. Not too cute, not too clean. Maybe their coffee is truly outstanding. To be fair, I did not have any.

But with so many new and exciting places opening on Main St. in Hendersonville, I have to think the Living Room will not be there long. But don't think you have to rush out to catch it before it's too late.

• Visited November 2011
Ben G, Owner at The Green Room Cafe And Coffee House, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Sorry for your lousy dining experience. Please know that "The Living Room" is now "The Green Room Cafe and Coffeehouse" We are new owners. (August 2012) Please come by and try us out.
Dunbarton, NH
“Nice variety of tea - not sure I'd eat here, though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

Had some nice variety of teas and coffees....and the service was very good...not sure I'd eat here though, didn't seem very clean...a little dark and dingy for my taste.....certainly had a crowd so I could be wrong.....

Visited November 2011