“Fantastic Food, Fantastically Presented, Super Attentive Staff”
Review of Champa

Champa
Ranked #41 of 203 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: phone: 828-696-9800
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We found this wonderful restaurant by accident as we were looking through restaurant reviews to find a place to eat while visiting in Hendersonville and noticed the consistently high ratings. I have never seen food so beautifully and imaginatively presented--I wish I had taken pictures--it was that gorgeous! Every dish we ate--sushi, sashimi, spring rolls, larb chicken, seaweed salad, japanese seafood soup, fresh fish, thai dishes--was excellent. And our server was absolutely delightful and completely attentive to our needs. This is a Western North Carolina gem! We will make sure to go again the next time we are in Hendersonville.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The staff and the food is always excellent. We are not frequent visitors, but keep it as a special treat. My sons have visited with my wife and I and even bought us a Christmas present of dinner for us.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We eat at Champa fairly regularly. The service is good and the waitpersons very friendly. Food includes Sushi and a variety of Thai dishes. You can find something very spicy or totally mild. Pad Se Yu noodles with vegetables is a particularly tasty dish. They have various dishes with red curry or green curry made with coconut milk. You have a choice of beef, pork or chicken. Spring rolls are right out of the deep fryer and delicious.
Our adult son likes Sushi and sushimi and says they are very well prepared, fresh and tasty.

Portions are not huge but very adequate. Prices for Sunday lunch are very reasonable.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had a spicy Thai Pineapple Curry in a coconut sauce. It was wonderful! I dined at 3pm on a weekday, and service was very quick. My dish was served in a large scooped-out pineapple, and it had chicken, broccoli, snow peas, and fresh pineapple. It was $12, which is a lot more than I would typically pay for lunch, but this was mid-afternoon. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hendersonville has lots of great restaurants, and this is one of them. It has been here for quite a few years and we just recently tried it again. Lots of delicious sounding choices which made it hard to decide. We usually split everything, so ordered the rice paper wrapped basil rolls, the garden salad with ginger dressing and the mixed sea food stir-fry with glass noodles. Everything tasted very fresh and delicious.