“Funky atmosphere and food.”
Review of Never Blue

Never Blue
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Never Blue is a non-traditional tapas restaurant. The word Tapas translates to small or little bites. We offer small plates of a variety of cuisines from around the world and also offer entree portions of some items. We have an extensive list of vegetarian and gluten free items, as well as soups, salads, sandwiches, chicken dishes, beef & wild game, seafood and much more. We have a wonderful dessert selection that we make in-house along with all of our ice creams and sorbets. We have full ABC Permits and offer an amazing martini and margarita list. We have 12 local beers on draft, and a very inexpensive yet diverse wine list. We have an inviting dining room along with garden dining in our enclosed garage and outdoor patio dining as well. We are open Tuesday-Thursday - 11:30am to 8:30 pm for lunch and dinner - Friday & Saturday - 11:30 am to 9:00 pm for lunch and dinner - Sunday & Monday - Closed. ***WE WILL BE CLOSED JULY 3RD-JULY 6TH FOR THE FOURTH OF JULY HOLIDAY. WE WILL REOPEN THURSDAY, JULY 7TH AT 11:30AM.***
“Funky atmosphere and food.”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My sister and I ate here while passing through town. It was recommended by a local and we are glad we took his recommendation. I had the kale and quinoa salad and it was delicious. My sister got the tacos and enjoyed them. I would like to go again at dinner time to sample some of the cocktails and try so more of the menu.

1 Thank KelleyYW

Pineville, North Carolina
“Just ok...”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Had lunch at Never Blue upon the recommendation of a friend in the area, who described it as a tapas place with large portions. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but the synopsis is that the food is good, but portions are smaller than what you’d expect, even with tapas. We tried a variety of dishes: Hummus with Rainbow carrots, Tenderloin quesadillas, Beet Salad (arugula, goat cheese), Kale quinoa salad, Flatbread with figs, crimini mushrooms, arugula and Gorgonzola cheese; and a rice bowl with saffron rice, black beans, chicken, etc. All of food combinations sounded good, so I think they have the right idea, but the execution was not as good as I’d hoped. Maybe it was an off day. Husband liked the quesadilla, but I thought it was just ok, and it was small; Beet salad was nice – this is what my friend had recommended; Kale quinoa salad - skip it - basically a small handful of kale and hardly any quinoa. But the champagne vinegar & herb dressing was quite nice. Hummus - very nice taste, but tiny portion! Waitstaff – no issues; knew the menu well which was nice. So all in, the food is decent-to-good (not excellent), but I am not likely to return or recommend.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank fan4lsutgrs
“Wouldn't go again”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the special fish taco and couldn't finish it. The waitress suggested I order more than one because they were small; which was true. Fish was soggy but slaw was ok. Husband ordered quesadilla which he said was ok. They offered a discount if you pay cash which was a positive. Flies in window was not.

1 Thank henmc7
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I loved this restaurant! Kinda quirky with it's mismatched pillows on seats but the drinks (Bloody Marys) were good and spicy, burgers were huge and tasty, but my favorite was the Big (BUTT) Cake. Yummo! Waitress was excellent and friendly. Definitely recommend and would come back when I'm in Hendersonville.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Excellent food-mixed feelings though”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We visited Never Blue again on a Friday evening with 3 other couples-total of 8 in our party. We were seated promptly but in a dark, dimly lit room. So dark we had trouble reading the print on the menu. 4 in our party ordered the fish dinner-all were happy with one incident. 3 in our party ordered a beef tenderloin sandwich. I ordered the ravioli/1/2 portion. All of our meals were excellent in taste and presentation-really phenomenal. However, the sandwiches were quite small in portion size and the amount of "Au Jus" that came with them was not sufficient for the sandwich. One of the people who ordered fish received a very tiny portion of cocktail sauce. He asked for another cup (those little paper ones) and was told there was a $.50 charge. He asked to see the Manager who was understanding of the small portion size he received and did take the $.50 charge off of his bill-but explained that people have taken advantage of this so they charge for extra to help keep costs down. My dinner was quite delayed so they brought me a plate of warm pita points with a hummus dip so I had something while my fellow diners began to eat. They explained that my original dinner was dropped so they were preparing a fresh plate for me. I am very thankful for this effort and the offer of a free snack while I waited. I found this to be a classy offer and certainly good PR. Now back to keeping costs down. Although the price of food at Never Blue is higher than you'd expect for portion size they also have paper tablecloths with crayons on the tables and paper/recycled napkins. This is okay except that when paying this kind of price I expect a little more in the amenities. Then add that they charge for extra sauce the experience loses some of the ambience. If you are only interested in really good food then this will suit you fine. If you want a little more for your money-look elsewhere.