“misleading but forgiven”
Review of Never Blue

Never Blue
Ranked #10 of 203 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Never Blue is a non-traditional tapas restaurant. The word Tapas translates to small or little bites. We offer small plates of a variety of cuisines from around the world and also offer entree portions of some items. We have an extensive list of vegetarian and gluten free items, as well as soups, salads, sandwiches, chicken dishes, beef & wild game, seafood and much more. We have a wonderful dessert selection that we make in-house along with all of our ice creams and sorbets. We have full ABC Permits and offer an amazing martini and margarita list. We have 12 local beers on draft, and a very inexpensive yet diverse wine list. We have an inviting dining room along with garden dining in our enclosed garage and outdoor patio dining as well. We are open Tuesday-Saturday- 11:30 am to 9:00 pm for lunch and dinner Sunday & Monday - Closed.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Never Blue bills itself as a tapas restaurant, that is misleading. Forgive them that the food is solid the service is top flight location, atmosphere just as good. the salads are creative andthe tacos are great, we also gave the ravioli and wings a run they were good as well. It was far from being a truly great eatery but definiitely separates itself from the big boxes or the normal eateries. The only draw back would b the wings were hot but not as hot as should have been they were close to simply being luke warm. If you consider dessert and try the big a@@ cake it is exactly that. enough for three-four people.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Whilst traversing the main street in Hendersonville, we came accross this very colourful restaurant and decided to go in. Immediately the plate presentation wetted our apetites with a ceviche and a salad one of the servers was carrying. Ended up with the ceviche, an amazing quinoa and greens salad and a yummalicious mango dessert. Thank you for a wonderful experience and excellent service!!!

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I was very excited about trying this restaurant out. Unfortunately I had a bad experience. The food was okay. I got the lamb sausage cocas. I wish I would have ordered the tacos. My husband got the Cuban and he said it was tasty. The worst part was a drunk man sitting out on the sidewalk next to us. He was going from table to table picking up people's glasses and just being an obnoxious distraction. I was relieved when the manager came out because I thought he would ask him to leave. Instead, the manager told the man he walked off without paying his last visit but not to worry about it! It's a shame I think this place has great potentional... But I won't be going back.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have to admit, I decided to go back here because of how amazing their sweet potato fries were when my wife and I ate here two years ago. I wasn't too thrilled when our waiter told me that they had quit carrying sweet potato fries. (Why, Never Blue, why?!?!?)

I ended up having two tacos al pastor and the brownie dessert. Both were excellent. The tacos were close to a true Mexican style, but with a California inspired twist on the salsa (pineapple I believe). The brownie was well worth the recommended 20 minute wait time.

I'll be back the next time I'm in Hendersonville, but I hope they consider bringing the sweet potato fries back.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Delicious food and good service with a very interesting menu. The best shrimp and grits I've ever had, and that was quite unexpected in a mountain setting.

My husband had fried shrimp and onion rings but trust me this was not your average fare. Very tasty and not at all greasy and heavily breaded.

Everything was fresh and wonderfully prepared and plated. Unusual, unique ingredients made for a very delicious meal.

The service was outstanding thanks to Jenny D. our server. She was super efficient, friendly and very knowledgeable.

We will definitely be back...even though we live 2 hours away.