“A mixed bag- will try again”
Review of Never Blue

Never Blue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Never Blue is a non-traditional tapas restaurant. The word Tapas translates to small or little bites. We offer small plates of a variety of cuisines from around the world and also offer entree portions of some items. We have an extensive list of vegetarian and gluten free items, as well as soups, salads, sandwiches, chicken dishes, beef & wild game, seafood and much more. We have a wonderful dessert selection that we make in-house along with all of our ice creams and sorbets. We have full ABC Permits and offer an amazing martini and margarita list. We have 12 local beers on draft, and a very inexpensive yet diverse wine list. We have an inviting dining room along with garden dining in our enclosed garage and outdoor patio dining as well. We are open Tuesday-Thursday - 11:30am to 8:30 pm for lunch and dinner - Friday & Saturday - 11:30 am to 9:00 pm for lunch and dinner - Sunday & Monday - Closed. ***WE WILL BE CLOSED JULY 3RD-JULY 6TH FOR THE FOURTH OF JULY HOLIDAY. WE WILL REOPEN THURSDAY, JULY 7TH AT 11:30AM.***
Greenville, SC
“A mixed bag- will try again”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I liked the interior of the restaurant. Nice combo of old meets new. We sat at a two-top next to the window, which looks out on Main St.

Our server did a good job. Not fantastic but certainly adequate. I wish that when you ask a server whether a dish on their menu is good or not, they told you the truth. It's one in a thousand times you can get a server to honestly tell you their true opinion. Did my server really think the chili was good? But I digress.

I had the spinach salad, which was amazing. Highly recommend it. Since it was lunch time and I didn't want to eat a really heavy meal, I ordered the buffalo black bean chili. I was really disappointed with it. It was bland and just lacked flavor, seasoning and had no heat (the spicy kind) whatsoever. I really could kick myself for ordering it now because there were so many interesting, yummy-sounding things on the menu, but it was a cold, windy day and chili just seemed liked a good idea.

When I'm back in the area, I will definitely try this restaurant again. I think the chili needs a lot of work but the salad was as good as the chili was bad. I'm giving Never Blue a very good rating instead of average in spite of the chili.

alpharetta, georgia
“Best Food In Town”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We always have to go to Never Blue when in Hendersonville and this trip did not disappoint. Had the pork tostados and the crab ravioli with lobster sauce. Both were amazing. So was the tomato soup with gouda. Love you NB!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Never Blue... but very purple... one of Hendersonville's great eclectic gems.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Immediately next door to Flat Rock's Downtown Playhouse, this place is one that a person "acquires" a taste for. It may not be the taste you thought you'd acquire, either! DO YOU LOVE BEETS? Get the beet salad... to die for! Do you not know if you like beets (or maybe you can take or leave them)? Get the beet salad... most likely next time, you'll die for it!
I did not get the beet salad since I consider myself a "meat first" menu shopper... but I WILL GET the beet salad the VERY NEXT TIME that I go to Never Blue! That is HOW GOOD the shared taste of it was before seeing The Nutcracker over in Flat Rock... literally 10 minutes away!
BTW, my luncheon selection was also delicious... but in Hendersonville I force myself to explore menus of the places I visit... and I have so many yet to try! Yes, it is a little pricey... Hendersonville is a little pricey! It's the territory... the bakery might put you into sticker shock... lol!

• Visited December 2012
“Amazing food, friendly staff & a big city atmosphere in a small town.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

After a long day at work, it was nice to go a place for delicious comfort food & a good drink. There was plenty of space to dine at the bar without feeling like you were sitting at a bar & eating. The staff was friendly, despite the high volume of customers!! Will definitely make this my après work place to meet friends!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Somehow I never seem to get this place or their food.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Odd dishes (some would call their food eclectic) with very high prices. I really want to like this place and go there a time or two each year always hoping the food will improve...so far all disappointing!

Visited November 2012