“Never Blue--Great food at reasonable prices!”
Review of Never Blue

Never Blue
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Never Blue is a non-traditional tapas restaurant. The word Tapas translates to small or little bites. We offer small plates of a variety of cuisines from around the world and also offer entree portions of some items. We have an extensive list of vegetarian and gluten free items, as well as soups, salads, sandwiches, chicken dishes, beef & wild game, seafood and much more. We have a wonderful dessert selection that we make in-house along with all of our ice creams and sorbets. We have full ABC Permits and offer an amazing martini and margarita list. We have 12 local beers on draft, and a very inexpensive yet diverse wine list. We have an inviting dining room along with garden dining in our enclosed garage and outdoor patio dining as well. We are open Tuesday-Thursday - 11:30am to 8:30 pm for lunch and dinner - Friday & Saturday - 11:30 am to 9:00 pm for lunch and dinner - Sunday & Monday - Closed. ***WE WILL BE CLOSED JULY 3RD-JULY 6TH FOR THE FOURTH OF JULY HOLIDAY. WE WILL REOPEN THURSDAY, JULY 7TH AT 11:30AM.***
Harrisburg, PA
“Never Blue--Great food at reasonable prices!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great service and good food at a reasonable price. We ordered a bottle of Malbec for $15 which was quite good. The server was pleasant and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was relaxing with vibrant colors, nice artwork and interesting architecture. We ate indoors, but there is also nice outdoor seating with garage doors that open in warmer weather. The menu includes appetizers, salads, entrees and sandwiches, so there is something for everyone. We each had a flatbread topped with various items and both were excellent. We also shared the spicy garbanzo beans with spinach--wow! The entire experience was wonderful and we will be back the next time we visit Hendersonville.

Visited August 2012

Richmond, Virginia
“Friday night out!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I went to never blue for dinner tonite and were served by Patricia a new waitress at the restaurant! My husband ordered the cuban sandwich and I ordered the rib eye steak, medium rare. Our meal came and after cutting into the steak It was raw! We caught the hostess eye and showed her the raw steak and asked to send it back . She left and disappeared for ten minutes! My husband caught her again and asked again to send back the steak! Our waitress came by and took the steak back for re-fire! She brought it back a second time and it was still raw! Finally the owner/manager Pam came by and threw our waitress under the bus saying she was new and put the order in wrong! I told Pam that we felt it was the cooks fault since it came back Raw both times regardless of what our waitress put in as the order! Pam actually argued with me and said it was the waitress's fault and not the cooks! The owner/manager should never argue with the customer! No excuse! The customer is always right! To say I'm sorry and we will correct the problem goes a long way! To argue with a customer is customer service 101 something you never do! I was absolutely astonished that she would argue with me! We will never go there again and will tell everyone we know about our horrible experience there! I hope our waitress finds another job soon she is too talented to waste her time at never blue!

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank Freckles55
Never Blue T, Owner at Never Blue, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Ms. Freckles,
It is with great dismay that I respond to your claims of my restaurant. Let me first apologize for your lack of knowledge in steak temperatures, (it is unfortunate..but a reality all the same that some humans (not all) order things without really knowing what they are talking about) Your steak was cooked medium rare ( a warm red center) the first time it was taken to your table, upon its return to my kitchen it was requested to be brought up to medium..... which it was (pink through the middle) I am afraid that your lack of knowledge has gotten the best of you here so let me advise you that I believe (based on my 22 years of professional cooking experience) that you should request your next steak at the next restaurant you choose to embarrass yourself at that you order it medium well. We believed your steak had been ordered medium since it came back with a different requested temperature than was stated on your ticket (medium rare, which you admitted to ordering in your review) we then assumed the server had heard your request wrong. Pam did not throw our server "under the bus" she simply stated that if there was a problem we were taking full responsibility for the mistake.... we did comp your steak as you failed to mention in your review. For the record I would also like to point out that the customer is not always right, we are in the customer service industry and we strive to make and keep everyone that chooses to eat in our restaurant happy. While I am sorry you had a bad experience at Never Blue I am relieved (as are all the customers who were at tables surrounding yours) to know you will not be back. Thank you
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Interesting and different”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We are visiting with friends and found this restaurant had an eclectic choices. Their seems to be something for everyone. I had the Tuscan chicken with artichokes which was tasty, but not large considering it's price tag. Others had the Cuban sandwich with chips which got good reviews. I think this was made better by substituting black beans for the chips. Other items that people tried to order were all out and unable to provide.
The ambiance was lovely and the service was very good. This is an excellent choice, but would recommend eating indoors.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“More of tapas place”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Food was very good,but very small! Be warned if you're hungry you will want to order more than one thing. It's really tapas size portions. That was not clear from the menu.

• Visited July 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“One to keep”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We love the many restaurant choices in Hendersonville, but this will be one of our favorites in the future. The service is friendly and efficient. Although they promote the Tapas concept, it is not really a Tapas place in the traditional sense. However, there entrees are easily shared and we did. The meal we had was very well prepared and the presentation was nice. We will continue to keep this restaurant on our rotation.

• Visited July 2012