“Really Quite good”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had the cheese ravioli with browned butter and walnuts. What a nice surprise! The ravioli was prepared almost perfectly and all the other food that I saw looked appetizing. The other customers seemed to be very happy. Nice wine selection. Location was a little difficult to find and parking was a little awkward, but overal this was a VERY GOOD meal!

2  Thank Dave O

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was here for dinner this past week with my son. I have wanted to try this place for a long time & so glad we did! I had the Veal Portofino, it had veal & shrimp in a lemon sauce with capers with a ziti type pasta. It said on the menu that artichokes were in this dish, but since I do not like artichokes they used spinach instead. It was so tasty & wonderful! Also, had a salad with the house dressing & was also great! My son had the pizza and he said it was yummy! The ambience is not the best, but it is small & cozy. Our waitress was an Asian/Chinese lady. She was very nice, but to be honest I could barely understand what she was saying. I personally would not hire an Asian person to work in an Italian restaurant, just doesn't fit with the whole theme of the place. The other waitress had her hair pulled up in a clip & looked like she had just rolled out of bed! I guess it is hard to find good wait staff? I love the food here & will be back! P.s. I think this would be a great place for a date night!

2  Thank beautyqueen416
Reviewed April 18, 2013

They have excelent service.. The two waitresses bust there backs to make sure that I have every thing I need.. Franco makes the best timballo that I have ever had.. And the young pizza maker makes the most mouthwatering pizza I have ever seen.. Perfect is the only word I have to describe mona lisas in hendersonville!!!

2  Thank chelseanwes
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I have gone to Mona Lisa on several occasions. We have always enjoyed our experience. Tonight ... Easter Sunday ... was no exception. I ordered a 16" Pizza with several toppings, and my wife ordered the 16oz Bistecca alla Fiorentino. We both got a salad and shared a bowl of their delicious Minestrone soup, and topped off our meal with a couple of glasses of Merlot.

I have to agree with many of the reviews here - that steak was DELICIOUS! It came with spinach and roasted potatoes that were also excellent! My wife is pretty finicky, and has some special dietary needs (low fat, no dairy, nothing too sweet, no peppers, cucumbers ... ahhh the list goes on). So it's always a bit stressful finding a place to eat. This meal tonight was perfect for her. Mona Lisa always does a great job when it comes to specialization.

All in all, we are very happy to live so close to this place. Yes, the building itself doesn't draw you in, but if you go, you will not regret it. The food is FANTASTIC!

2  Thank Paul S
Reviewed March 30, 2013

wonderful food and great service at amazing price. Mona Lisa's smile is now understood! I recommend this restaurants to everyone in Hendersonville Asheville vicinity.

1  Thank TimmyCat11