“Best steak in Hendersonville”
Review of Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa
Ranked #31 of 202 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Order the steak best ever, my wife loves the chicken Mona Lisa the atmosphere is simple and the restraint is a little on the noisy side . I would highly recommend the food here

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The pizza was very good, but the other items ordered were just ok. Nothing special about any of it. The restaurant was so noisy that we couldn't hear any conversation at our table without really raising our voices. Not a pleasant experience at all. I would only order take out pizza in the future from this restaurant.

1  Thank nic60760
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Fresh cooked to perfection meal. My wife and I loved it and will be back again. Would like to have the seafood pizza brought back.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

OK. I liked the idea of a potato and rosemary pizza but it disappointed. Potatoes were burnt and not cooked through - you would think they would be parboiled before but evidently not - crust was burnt also.

I've always said that if an Italian restaurant is highly recommended, like this was, and if I planned to make it a regular place, I didn't, on the first visit I would get their spaghetti and meatballs to get a sense of their taste. Not here so I tried the eggplant parm with a side of ziti. My wife did also. The eggplant was good but nothing special - same as the stuff cheap restaurants get from Sysco. But the real tragedy was the side of ziti. The pasta was harder than al dente and the sauce was horrible. At first we both thought the sauce might have spoiled or soured from sitting around but no. It just had an acidic bite with no real noticeable herbs or seasoning.

And the price was fairly high for something this pedestrian. The decor is boring. Not going back when we revisit the area. West First was much better - ten times better!!

2  Thank aging_nicely
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The poor location doesn't bother me. The less than desirable atmospher doesn't bother me. The tastless pizza and bruchetta bothers me a lot. I come from an Italian family and I was sadly surprised at how tasteless the food turned out. Absolutely no spices in any of the food. We have been driving by this restaurant for 7 years and kept saying "we have to try that sometime". My first expereince will be my last

1  Thank Bob U