“Adequate”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Clearwater
“Adequate”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Nothing fantastic, but nothing to really complain about either. If I were to stay there again I would not take the ground floor and certainly not a room that faced the parking lot. Cars park within a few feet of the building and its rooms. Understandably, guests come late and leave early so be prepared for car and guest noise at times when you would rather not hear them. The rugs in the room we were in could stand a good shampooing and cleaning. Breakfast was adequate as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

ramadatrip, General Manager at Ramada Hendersonville, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your review! We would have hoped to score better, but sometimes a stay is not perfect. It sounds like overall you had an "Adequate" stay and while we are glad you had no major complaints, we would love to show you that we can do better. The next time you are in Hendersonville, we hope you will give us that chance and stay again at Ramada Hendersonville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Plano Illinois
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had driven from Mooresville NC to Hendersonville NC and went to visit friends who had moved to Hendersonville NC several years ago. After visiting with our friends, it was after 1:30 pm so we thought we would try to check into the hotel before going to visit Lake Lure. The hotel was very old and the receptionist did not make us feel very welcome - more of an inconvenience. I asked if I could check in and she stated she was about to eat lunch as check in wasn't until 2 pm so I should come back in 20 minutes (Really?). My friend went back into the hotel and talked to the receptionist and she must have had a change of heart and proceeded to check us in. We put our luggage in the room and I was not impressed - the room was so old & outdated. I actually couldn't wait to check out of this joint. I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and sometimes the reviews are accurate & sometimes they are exaggerated but in this case I must say that I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ramadatrip, General Manager at Ramada Hendersonville, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
So sorry to hear of your issues with checking in. We all sometimes have bad days and it sounds like Miss Earlene had one that day, for sure. We're sorry that her bad day negatively influenced your stay and please know that should you decide to give us another chance the next time you are in the area, we would love to show you that we can do better. Thanks for keeping us apprised of your situation and for giving us an opportunity to better ourselves in the future. Thank you!

Travelers are raving about these Hendersonville hotels

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I usually stay at the more bargain off-brand motels; I ended up staying here because it was late, and a desk clerk at a nearby full motel recommended it (and told me the rates where lower than what I had to pay, despite his claiming to work here also). Price was around $70, plus tax.

The room was very nice- about what you would expect from a next-tier-up small hotel. Everything was clean and looked great- probably the nicest room I've stayed in quite a while. The fridge wasn't working, so I wasn't able to use that. And, there were problems with the computer wi-fi; I had to take my laptop and go up the 2nd floor to get a connection. (see some of my other reviews- why is it that "nice" hotels quite often have lousy wi-fi, but the absolute dumps that look like they are falling apart, have excellent, fast wi-fi?) TV and other items worked fine.

Of course, there were no problems with sheets/towels like some cheap motels.

Overall, it was a good stay, probably a bit more than what I'm accustomed to spending, and not without some issues, but I got a nice night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry to hear you were not 100% satisfied and had, as you say, some minor issues with things like the wi-fi and the refrigerator. We strive to provide as excellent a stay for our guests as is possible and while we do generally succeed, there are times when things happen beyond our control, and this may have been one of them. We are glad to hear that you did otherwise enjoy your stay and did get a good night's sleep, though! We hope the next time you are in the area you will once again choose to stay with us!
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We visit Dad every year in Hendersonville and are on the lookout for cheap places to stay. We've stayed at the Rainbow Motel on Greenville Hwy which is a bit war torn but inexpensive. Mill House Lodge has a great setting but our bed was like an army mattress. This Ramada is right by Hwy 26 for quick (5 Minute) access to downtown Hendersonville and about 15-20 minutes from Asheville. Our bed was large, clean and wonderfully comfortable. The room had A/C, TV, wi-fi, small refrigerator, microwave and a coffee pot. All for under $50/night. We will be back. For and inexpensive hotel it will be hard to do better, thus the 5 stars.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! We're happy that you liked our property and hope that the next time you are in town to visit your father, you'll once again choose to stay with us! Thank you again!