“best place in Henderson NC”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Budget Host Inn

Budget Host Inn
Budget Host Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Athens, Georgia
“best place in Henderson NC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was or 6th stay here. The motel is clean, quiet and secure. They have some of the most comfortable beds for an economical motel. It's an excellent value. Very pleasant owners. Excellent seafood restaurant 1 block away. We will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
budhosthenderson, General Manager at Budget Host Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! It is always a pleasure serving you and we appreciate the loyalty to our hotel. Thank you for your business and thank you for choosing our hotel amongst the choices you had. We are looking forward to your next visit. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Alexandria VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a decent hotel in a good location. And they accept pets :-) which is a plus!
Stayed here as a midway point on the way to South Carolina. This place is around exit 113 which did have a Dennys. Cracker Barrel and Ribeyes are just 1 exit down at exit 112. So that is a plus.

The late night desk service really needs improving though. Thus only the average rating. Arrived around 11:30 p.m. ish to check in, but had to push the button and wait for someone to show up at the desk. It was maybe 5-10 minutes to wait. I think they live above the unit, which is fine. However, on my return leg, I tried to again stay at this hotel, without a reservation this time. Arrived at the front desk around 1 a.m., but no one was there. Pushed the button several times, about 5 minutes apart. But no one ever came down. I even called another hotel in the area to check on availability while standing at the front desk waiting to see if the other hotel took pets or not. This place lost my business that night and ended up staying at the other hotel since no one ever came to the front desk :-(

Stayed in room #109 on the ground floor w/ 1 King bed. Was a very big room, shaped like the Econolodge in WV I had stayed in before. I did sleep ok, but did hear an alarm clock from another unit, which was a little annoying. They had a big chair and good end tables with a clock. Had a good refrigerator.

The breakfast could be slightly better. The hours were not convenient so ended up skipping breakfast. They have a 4 cereal tower dispenser in the lobby with milk and juice in a little refrigerator.

Rates were good and pet fee was reasonable. The unit was very clean. Would stay here again on my route through.

Room Tip: Stayed in room #109 with a King Bed. Was a very big room and set up well. This was on the ground f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We apologize for not being able to serve you later int he evening. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your accommodations on your initial visit. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel as we would like to make every effort to make your stay exception and earn a 5 star review from you. Thank you again for the kind words. See you soon!
Canton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was our 3rd time staying at the Budget Host inn. It is always a very nice stay. It is very clean quiet and peaceful. The people who manage and run the place are all very nice. . Thank you Budget Host Inn in Henderson Nc

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nagacity
Thank you for the wonderful review! We enjoy seeing your family every time you're in the area! Thank you for your loyalty and trust when picking accommodations. As always our team works diligently to provide the best in class service along with the cleanest rooms in our area. Thank you again for your kind words and loyalty. See you on your next trip!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I don't normally leave reviews for hotels, in fact this is my first one. But my wife and I were so impressed that I promised myself I would let others know about it. I am a bargain hunter and we were looking for a comfortable last minute resting place after a long day of traveling. This spot hit the mark. I don't want to over hype this place (lest you think I work for them or something). For the price, this place had more to offer than some of the nicer places I have stayed. The room was clean- that was the first plus. Very spacious and comfortable with everything in working order. There was a mini fridge, flat screen tv with cable and even a microwave. Half of the nicer hotels don't even offer all of those. Oh and throw in free wi-fi while you're at it- it just keeps getting better. Last but not least, the owner was very sweet and tended to our needs. My wife called the front desk for a hairdryer (which was not automatically in the room). No worries, she had one ready for us. In case you couldn't tell, I highly recommend this place for the budget conscious traveler who wants all the basics (and more) without the fluff. That is what you will get here. This place is definitely on my list as a sure bet. Thanks Budget Host Inn! Oh by the way, almost forgot about the continental breakfast- not much to speak of here (mostly instant packages and cereal). Let me give you permission to take the money you save on your room and treat yourself to a delicious breakfast out! Haha!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kovaxination
budhosthenderson, Manager at Budget Host Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We were extremely appreciative when we read your review. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It means the world to us when we hear experiences like yours and reassures us that our dedication and diligence in provide the best accommodations in the area are paying off. Thank you again for posting a review about our hotel. We anxiously wait for your next visit!
Conyers, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room and, at $50 including tax, the price couldn't be beat. Staff was very friendly and accommodating though the "lobby" had a lingering smell of ethnic food.

Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review! We were excited to read your review as we enjoyed your company during your visit. We do have team members that stay on site. This enables us to provide our guests with the best in class service. We have heard guests compliment us on the promptness when it comes to customer service. It allows us to provide prompt responses for guest's needs. However we will ask our team members to keep their meals discrete. It is very important for us to ensure that guests are satisfied in all aspects of your experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thanks again for your wonderful review. We are really excited to see you again soon!
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay at this motel. Even though it was off the beaten path, the owners helped make our stay a positive event. I had originally booked a king size bed, but when I found out my sister would be joining me, I called the owner to request two double beds. They were unable to accomodate me at that time, but upon arrival, there was a note on the account and we were able to get what we wanted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
budhosthenderson, General Manager at Budget Host Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you very much for posting a review about our hotel. The staff at our beautiful hotel work day and night to ensure that each guests receives the best in class service and accommodations. We try our very best to be flexible with our guests and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!
Canton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Awesome place to stay. Very clean and nice.The people that are who run it are very nice. We have stayed there 2 time and will continue to go back. It has everything we need.Thank you so much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nagacity
budhosthenderson, General Manager at Budget Host Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! It was an absolute pleasure to see you again at our beautiful hotel. As you already know we keep cleanliness at the top of our list and we're delighted to see that you noticed the small details! Thank you for your continued business and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Econo Lodge - Henderson
Hampton Inn Henderson
Hampton Inn Henderson
#1 of 9 in Henderson
Econo Lodge Creedmoor - Butner

Been to Budget Host Inn? Share your experiences!