“Barbecue”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Barbecue”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is a friendly restaurant with a Southern feel. The chopped pork is the mustard-based sort of Carolina barbecue, not the more vinegary kind. I thought it was very good. We also had the ribs, which had a more typical molasses based sauce. I enjoyed the black-eyed peas and collard greens. The hush puppies were great.

• Visited June 2014

Alexandria, Virginia
“What a find! Delicious!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

GPS sent us off highway to avoid traffic and that's how we found Skipper's. It was 2 pm so it was after the lunch crowd and we were hungry. This was the best down home good food I've had in ages. Living in Washington, DC doesn't give us the opportunity for this kind of food. The service was very friendly. The hush puppies were plentiful and delicious. I asked which sides were fresh or homemade so that's why I ordered the corn pudding and butter beans along with the barbecue and Brunswick stew. I was in heaven. The kids loved their food too. My son begins school at Chapel Hill in the fall so I will make Skipper's a regular stop on my trips down to visit.

2 Thank sledgejoyce
Henderson, North Carolina
“Skippers - Henderson”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A very good example of NC Bar-B-Q. Very good stew, hush puppies, and tea. Good plate meals and vegetables, reasonable prices. Was surprised recently at how good the fried shrimp were. Always a good meal here.

• Visited March 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very good Family Restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Was greeted warmly, makes you feel like family. The service is very good. I like eastern barbecue and was not disappointed. I enjoyed the chopped plate, cole slaw, lima beans and hushpuppies. Good flavor and taste. The restaurant is where there is plenty of locals come to enjoy a good meal. I would suggest trying Skipper's and enjoy good southern food. I will return on my next trip.

• Visited April 2014
Henderson, North Carolina
“Best Barbeque in Henderson”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is the best around if you like bbq that is vinegar based and with some "bite" to it! Love their cole slaw!

• Visited December 2013