“Very Nice! Good room.”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“Very Nice! Good room.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Very pleased with quality of room and building. HD TV, nice bed.

Breakfast - fair.

Pool looked nice, but closed for winter.

Still trying to figure out this brand. Had one mediocre experience (not here!), then two good ones!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites. We appreciate your kind remarks and feedback about your stay here in Henderson, NC. We were happy to be able to provide a pleasant experience for you and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We were put up here by a preacher friend of ours for a revival meeting at the Gospel Independent Baptist Church in Oxford and we were very impressed! I've stayed at Hilton hotels that this place matches up to and this place is considerably cheaper! The rooms are accessed via hallway instead of exterior doors, too, so you feel safer than you will at cheaper places. All is spot on! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Jameson Inns. We appreciate your kind remarks and feedback about your stay here in Henderson, NC. We were happy to be able to provide a pleasant experience for you and your family and look forward to serving you again in the future! Thanks again!

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for only one night this month (July 2012), however, my family members have been staying here for years, and I see why. The room was very comfortable. I remember commenting on how I felt like I was at home. The bathroom was clean and functional. There was a coffee maker and refrigerator in the room. My only small complaint was that the A/C unit was a little noisy, but I pretty much expect that when staying in hotels with those kind of units. I didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that. They do have free wifi throughout the hotel, not just in your room. And they serve the typical continental breakfast: bagels, cold cereals, waffles, biscuits, etc. Overall, I was pleased with my stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Emerald M
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this review, August 7, 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I just needed a stop over spot while driving through North Carolina. This was such a friendly and clean establishment. For the cost I paid...I have absolutely no complaints what so ever!
Price includes a continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed January 2012
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this review, February 10, 2012

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past few years, and it always seems to be a hit or miss. This time was closer to a miss for us. There are the usual pluses - the friendly service, reasonable rate and relatively decent food. However, the room left a lot to be desired. Dust balls hanging from the curtains, dingy white sheets and pillow cases , and worst of all, the blankets looked moth eaten.

The tub was not cleaned daily as there was always hair in the tub, but the shower curtains were adjusted to give the appearance that the tub had been cleaned. Even the writing pad had coffee stains on it. I actually bought a set of sheets so that I would be able to sleep. The carpet needed shampooing and the room smelled of smoke.

I would say the rooms need to be inspected between guests, and that they should invest in better linen. I love this hotel because it is right next to the mall, but if I experience this again, I will have to take Jameson off my list. I was there for a funeral, so I decided to grin and bear it...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Melerway
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I regret that your stay was not perfect and would love any opportunity to make it up to you. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. I will personally speak to each of our staff members to reinforce our commitment to the standards of Jameson Inns. Once again, I apologize for a less than perfect stay and really appreciate your feedback!

Jameson Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I really wish there was an option for 2.5 stars. The furniture is cheap, the linens are cheap. There was no closet in our room, the bathroom was extremely tiny, the sink was next to the door (in the main part of the room). The carpet appeared to be very dirty while the walls, etc just had a slight look of grime. The person checking us in was super slow but another person seemed very friendly.
During past trips to the Henderson area, we've stayed at the Hampton Inn and Sleep Inn and found them both to be much better choices. (We also booked the Days Inn once but walked out, refused to stay there).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank byefornoww
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this review, November 2, 2011

Jameson Inns
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Great experience. Not what I expected in rural, NC. Pleasantly surprised and the room was semi-updated and clean. The free breakfast and coffee was a nice touch (kids loved the fresh waffles). Nice escape from Hurricane Irene.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Jameson Inns. We appreciate your kind remarks and feedback about your stay here in Henderson, NC. The weather during hurricane Irene displaced quite a few residents. We were happy to be able to provide a pleasant experience for you and your family and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Thanks again!

Greg Anderson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hampton Inn Henderson
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oxford
BEST WESTERN Butner Creedmoor Inn

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford? Share your experiences!