“As nice as the Hilton!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We were put up here by a preacher friend of ours for a revival meeting at the Gospel Independent Baptist Church in Oxford and we were very impressed! I've stayed at Hilton hotels that this place matches up to and this place is considerably cheaper! The rooms are accessed via hallway instead of exterior doors, too, so you feel safer than you will at cheaper places. All is spot on! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2012
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Jameson Inns. We appreciate your kind remarks and feedback about your stay here in Henderson, NC. We were happy to be able to provide a pleasant experience for you and your family and look forward to serving you again in the future! Thanks again!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for only one night this month (July 2012), however, my family members have been staying here for years, and I see why. The room was very comfortable. I remember commenting on how I felt like I was at home. The bathroom was clean and functional. There was a coffee maker and refrigerator in the room. My only small complaint was that the A/C unit was a little noisy, but I pretty much expect that when staying in hotels with those kind of units. I didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that. They do have free wifi throughout the hotel, not just in your room. And they serve the typical continental breakfast: bagels, cold cereals, waffles, biscuits, etc. Overall, I was pleased with my stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Emerald M
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I just needed a stop over spot while driving through North Carolina. This was such a friendly and clean establishment. For the cost I paid...I have absolutely no complaints what so ever!
Price includes a continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2012
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past few years, and it always seems to be a hit or miss. This time was closer to a miss for us. There are the usual pluses - the friendly service, reasonable rate and relatively decent food. However, the room left a lot to be desired. Dust balls hanging from the curtains, dingy white sheets and pillow cases , and worst of all, the blankets looked moth eaten.

The tub was not cleaned daily as there was always hair in the tub, but the shower curtains were adjusted to give the appearance that the tub had been cleaned. Even the writing pad had coffee stains on it. I actually bought a set of sheets so that I would be able to sleep. The carpet needed shampooing and the room smelled of smoke.

I would say the rooms need to be inspected between guests, and that they should invest in better linen. I love this hotel because it is right next to the mall, but if I experience this again, I will have to take Jameson off my list. I was there for a funeral, so I decided to grin and bear it...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Melerway
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I regret that your stay was not perfect and would love any opportunity to make it up to you. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. I will personally speak to each of our staff members to reinforce our commitment to the standards of Jameson Inns. Once again, I apologize for a less than perfect stay and really appreciate your feedback!

Jameson Inns

Reviewed October 28, 2011

I really wish there was an option for 2.5 stars. The furniture is cheap, the linens are cheap. There was no closet in our room, the bathroom was extremely tiny, the sink was next to the door (in the main part of the room). The carpet appeared to be very dirty while the walls, etc just had a slight look of grime. The person checking us in was super slow but another person seemed very friendly.
During past trips to the Henderson area, we've stayed at the Hampton Inn and Sleep Inn and found them both to be much better choices. (We also booked the Days Inn once but walked out, refused to stay there).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank byefornoww
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Jameson Inns

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Great experience. Not what I expected in rural, NC. Pleasantly surprised and the room was semi-updated and clean. The free breakfast and coffee was a nice touch (kids loved the fresh waffles). Nice escape from Hurricane Irene.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Jameson105, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Jameson Inns. We appreciate your kind remarks and feedback about your stay here in Henderson, NC. The weather during hurricane Irene displaced quite a few residents. We were happy to be able to provide a pleasant experience for you and your family and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Thanks again!

Reviewed July 5, 2011

We are on vacation for a week in Nc and drove past the Jameson the first night. we thought it looked too expensive for our price range so we stayed at the Days Inn right behind it. The Days Inn was discusting! We switched hotels the next night and called the Jameson for a price. It was only $10 more and it was spotless. We loved the service and the nice outdoor pool. Never again will we judge a hotel by it's looks. Stay at the Jameson, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Kgilpat40

Greg Anderson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hampton Inn Henderson
#8 of 9 in Henderson
Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson
Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson
#2 of 9 in Henderson

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford? Share your experiences!