“Bedbugs & Manager with an attitude”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This wouldn't be a bad place if it were cleaner. Location was fine although a little off of the highway. Manager's attitude was disrespectful. Bathroom towels were thin ( I like fluffy towels). This is not a place that I would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth L
SLEEPINN2010, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

As per the Hotel records no one with this name and address stayed at our hotel. We could not confirm this reservation. It appears that this review belong's to a different hotel. Sleep Inn of Henderson, NC is one of the best hotel in the town and rated number one for more than a year. We have also won certificate of excellence for 2013.

Please remove this review immediately.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The check in was quick. Staff very friendly. Room was cozy and quiet. Bed very comfortable. Nice tv with plenty of channels to choose from. It was a good value for my money. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in this area. Worse thing was it wasn't right beside the interstate highway, but was worth the drive (only a couple of blocks).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SLEEPINN2010, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Ray,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online guest review. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

We are extremely pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed 8/22/13, asked for a room fairly close by for invalid father who had a lot of trouble of walking. Room that was given was halfway down hallway of first floor so he had to walk further than I cared to have seen. Service was just a grade above average due to this but staff was pretty friendly. Hotel room has microwave, microrefrig., nice flatscreen tv. nice décor, beds are comfortable. Furniture was not quite as upgraded in our room as ad led us to believe. (If so would hate to see what it looked like to begin with). Floor was a little dirty but not really noticeable so. Major downfall for me, went to take a shower and started to put bath mat down in shower to keep from slipping and it had spots of mold all over it front and back, pretty disgusting. Pulled it out so maids would have to take notice. Hot water in shower was just little past lukewarm, not hot at all. Interior curtains would not close all the way for privacy but at least people could not look in from outside to see us sleeping. Hotel is reasonably priced, we found it in a NC travel discount magazine although clerk said at first she was sold out of rooms for advertised price and ad stated it was for a "standard" room (no clarification what that meant), clerk said we could bring ad in and have room for $62.99 rather than the advertised price of $54.99 ($8 more) no big deal but still bothered me that ad was a little misleading. Another downfall was that room had no place to sit except for one chair at a desk. My father prefers to sleep in a recliner so when we are on the road he tries to make due sleeping in a comfortable hotel chair. There wasn't one. This place seems to be more geared to the business traveler. Big advantage to this hotel is that it is located just next to hospital so anyone needing a place to stay with people in the hospital, this is the place to be. I would stay here again and recommend family/friends the same.

Room Tip: If traveling with a handicap person, ask for a room close to entrance even if it is on 2nd or 3rd fl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SLEEPINN2010, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Darlene:

We offer our sincere apologies for not having lived up to your expectations. Please be assured that your suggestions, feedback have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.

Thank you once again for enlightening us with your feedback and look forward to welcoming you

Warm regards:

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I really enjoy when i stay here everyone so nice and they treat u with respect.I been coming over a year and it been nothing but good for me.I really thank the manger for everything that he do making sure the staff on point.

Room Tip: All rooms good
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Samantha,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This Sleep Inn is one of the older style properties but it has been remodeled so the rooms have the more updated Sleep Inn look. The hotel is fairly clean and all the staff I came in contact with was very friendly.

There are a few shortcomings. The hotel is fairly close to I-85 so there is a steady drone of trucks & traffic. Usually I can mask this by putting the fan on the AC to continuous fan, however, that wasn't an option unless you don't want heat or cooling. The new style headboard seemed to be attached to the wall with adhesive and every move in the bed created a corresponding noise from the headboard. It was minor but very annoying. There was no suitcase stand in the room so I had to use the ironing board to get my suitcase up off the floor. The treadmill in the workout room needs replacing. The tread belt is very worn & slick and therefore dangerous. It also won't go past a low-end speed that is the equivalent of a leisurely stroll. The breakfast area was pretty sparse and tiny. There was only three pieces of fruit available and none of them were pretty. There was also only two cereals to choose from.

With all that being said, if you just want a place to lay your head down for the night at a reasonable price then you should be ok here. If you're expecting anything more, then you may want to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get a room at the far end on the backside to avoid interstate traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
SLEEPINN2010, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. On behalf of the Sleep Inn I would like to apologize that the condition of our property did not meet your expectations. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel staff wasn't 't knowledgeable about what was in the area; or well adversed with keeping reservations in the system. We had a bus load and only one staff member to check us in. Checking took over 35 min. Average hotel that needs updating.

• Stayed: July 2013
Sleepinn2010, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

On behalf of our Sleep Inn team I would like to thank you for your patronage and taking the precious time out in sharing your valuable feedback with us. We appreciate your business.

We offer our sincere apologies for not having lived up to your expectations with regard to our check in process. We had a new employee and this was the first time he did a group check in. Please be assured that your suggestions, feedback have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.

Warm Regards:

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I travel frequently for my kids sports and this was by far the worst experience ever!! The room stated non smoking however smoke was coming thru walls or A/C. There were small bugs hovering around the bedside lamps. And what looked like a flea was crawling on my arm while lying in bed. Breakfast was nonexistent! All Hotel Mgr could offer was $20 off for inconvenience and still has not credited my card! Will NEVER stay at this chain of hotels again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank baseballmom2486
Sleepinn2010, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We offer our sincere apologies for not having lived up to your expectations. I spoke with you two times after it was brought to my attention and I apologized for your discomfort at our hotel and I believed we resolved the issue but unfortunately that was not the case.

Warm regards:
Anil Macwan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hampton Inn Henderson
Travelodge Henderson
Travelodge Henderson
#8 of 9 in Henderson
Best Western Butner Creedmoor Inn

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!