“Dogs and Hurricaines”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Virginia Beach
“Dogs and Hurricaines”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We had a great experience at this hotel. The rooms were a good size and made it easy to travel with dogs. The staff were extremely pleasant. The breakfast buffett had a nice selection. I would recommend staying away from the apple juice, it was too watered down. They handled the everything well considering the number of people, number of dogs, ongoing remodeling, and a hurricane. We lost power for a while, but that was ok. The free wi-fi was an added bonus. Some big chains don't even do that.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank dragonfly89757
Sleepinn2010, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
On behalf of our hotel staff, I would like to thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We were extremely delighted to receive your kind words of praise about your hotel. Honest and caring guests like you give us the motivation for our team to continue to raise the bar even in the emergency situation like Hurricane Irene.
We are in the renovation phase, before end of the year our hotel would be a brand new hotel with a new 32" flat TV, Furniture, Carpet, Tiles and etc.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.
Please be assured that your suggestions, feedback have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken.
Henderson, NC 27537

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 28, 2011

A girlfriend and I live in the Virginia Beach area and needed to evacuate for Hurricane Irene. Henderson, NC seemed like a safe bet. The Sleep Inn was undergoing some renovations when were there but it didn't seem to get in the way of our stay at all. We brought our cats and the hotel was very accommodating of pets. They offer a free continental breakfast and after the storm left the area, we (along with all other evacuees) were checking out of the hotel to head home. They serve their breakfast until 10:00 a.m., however their clocks at the front desk run about 10 minutes fast. So when we went to the breakfast bar at 9:45 a.m. they were breaking the breakfast bar down. My friend and I along with others were scurrying to grab breakfast before they threw it out. I was extremely displeased that they were willing to throw out the breakfast instead of leaving the breakfast bar open longer, especially till it's closing time. Other than this one complaint that they wouldn't accommodate their customers who still wanted breakfast, I have no other complaints of my stay there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2011

It is under renovations but it is the best hotel. Ashley, Travis, Sylvia and the Manager is always so helpful and kind. They know how to make your stay a pleasant one. Keep up the good work. The hotel is beautiful it looks like a Hilton Hotel. I love it

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Sleepinn2010, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
On behalf of our Sleep Inn family members, I would like to thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We were extremely delighted to receive your kind words of praise about your hotel. Honest and caring guests like you give us the motivation for our team to continue to raise the bar.

Scottsboro, Alabama
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This hotel was clean and the service was Incredible,I can not remember the last time I had such good service.I will be staying here again on my next business trip,and would suggest it to anyone that wants a clean room and great service and a affordable price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Sleepinn2010, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

On behalf of our Sleep Inn team, I would like to thank you for your kind words and we were extremly delighted to receive your honest opinion about our hotel. Honest and caring guests like you give us the motivation for our team to continue to raise the bar.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel was clean and convenient. It is currently being renovated. The room we had was not yet renovated but was still in good condition. I am sure that the changes will be welcome at this hotel.

Did not try the breakfast as we had an early departure.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sleepinn2010, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

On behalf of our hotel staff, I would like to thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We were extremly delighted to receive your kind words of praise about your hotel. Honest and caring guests like you give us the motivation for our team to continue to raise the bar.

Henderson, North Carolina
Reviewed May 30, 2011

With my 29 years of business trips and extented stays, this has been one of my favorite and most delightful stays yet. The bed was as good as it gets, the cleanliness was supurb and the Hotel Management and employees were all perfessional yet warm and sensitive to my needs. I truly would recommend this Hotel to anyone who is looking for a great deal and a worry free stay...I miss them already...but, I will be back!

Room Tip: If you have any question or needs...just ask.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Sleepinn2010, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

to receive your kind words of praise and appreciation.

Thank you very much for your kind words which motivates our staff to perform an excellent job.

We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

(General Manager)
Havelock, North Carolina
Reviewed November 23, 2010

My wife and i have had the pleasure of staying at your hotel on three seperate occasions.
Our last stay was on Nov. 19-21,2010. I must say that we are impressed by this establishment. Our stays have been over a period of 3-4 yrs and we are still impressed at the consistancy of: A- Cleanliness B- Quality of continental breakfast C-Promptness
and courtesy of the staff.
My wife and i would like to commend Mr. Anil Macwan, his Mgmt. team and staff for a job
well done. Keep up the excellent work. Mr. and Mrs. Willie Powell.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Henderson, NC 27537
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Hampton Inn Henderson
#1 of 2 in Oxford
Magnuson Hotel on the Lake
Magnuson Hotel on the Lake
#1 of 2 in Clarksville

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!