“Highlight of traveling through NC”

Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Henderson
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Anytime we are traveling through NC we always schedule our meal here. It is easy to get to and then back on the interstate. Even though I would go out of the way for their BBQ. Don't go without getting their hushpuppies. The people are the friendliest you will find anywhere. Service is always quick and the establishment is always clean. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

They have the best beans imaginable. I have seen folks come in and order just the beans! They complement just about everything on the menu. Again, as are most of the items on the menu, priced right.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Pleasant surroundings, good customer service. I ordered a chopped bbq and chicken combo. I was hoping for homestyle fried chicken, but it was more like Church's Chicken. Other than that, it was pretty good.

1  Thank Melerway
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Usually like to fit in a BBQ lunch while traveling through NC, while there were two local places in Henderson they had mixed reviews so we tried the Smithfield "chain" -- you will not be disappointed.

The place is amazing -- clean, friendly staff, quick service. It was full of locals.

Traveling with my mother who is very picky and she loved it!

It is now my place to stop in Henderson.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I know it isnt gourmet, but their barbecue, hush puppies, etc are wonderful. Our favorite is to get 2 pints of Brunswick Stew and a half dozen hush puppies (we always get 7 or 8).. for a lunch where the second pint is only a dollar more. Less fried food and great great taste. For a great cheap and delicious lunch with very friendly staff, this cannot be beat