“Fine stop on a long drive”

Hampton Inn Henderson
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a night on a lengthy drive up 95 to Philadelphia. I always look for Hampton Inns for those stops and this one did not disappoint.

Room rate was fair, bed was comfortable, TV quality good, and air conditioning in perfect order. The room and bathroom were clean. The shower pressure was a tad light but hot water no problem. Breakfast good and staff excellent.

I would stop here again on future trips.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
shirley j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Hello! I'm Shirley Julian, general manager at the Hampton Inn of Henderson, NC. Thank you for your positive feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to us! I am very pleased that our staff showed you their winning "Hamptonality"!.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

I was very impressed with the hotel. The staff was attentive. Breakfast was fantastic. My dad met Keisha in the lobby and commented how friendly she was. He loved her dimples. We stayed at another hotel in Ithaca New York and the housekeeping staff never bothered to clean our rooms. I complained on the hotel's website and never heard a thing from the manager. It's refreshing when the hotel manager asked for my input. Will continue to use Hampton Inns when we visit our dad in Henderson

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My wife and I were on a business trip to Maryland and stopped here as it was somewhat late. It's a Hampton which means a relatively ok standard. But this is an old hotel and it showed. Door lock plate was hanging off and made the door difficult to close; curtain was in need of refitting on the curtain rod and made it difficult to close; carpets felt like they could do with a shampoo; bathroom ceiling tiles looked very tired. Just overall ok, but needs an update. Wouldn't stop me staying but not the best Hampton Inn I've stayed at!!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
shirley j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Hello, this is Shirley J., general manager. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. Within the next year we will be renovating our bathrooms. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Spent one night traveling through NC. Chose this hotel based on Hampton name and good reviews. Did not meet my expectation for a Hampton Inn. Elevator and halls needed vacuuming and bathroom cleanliness were subpar. Holes in the walls of bathroom. Ugh! Beds were fine and room was quiet. That said it still remains just an old flop of a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat Q
shirley j, General Manager at Hampton Inn Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I enjoyed my experience at this hotel. The staff was extremely helpful from the time we arrived. My daughter brought her 9 month old, which I did not know when I made the reservation. My daughter brought a play pen for the baby to sleep in. The person at the desk took us to the larger room to look at it and determine whether we wanted to change rooms. The staff was able to accommodate us in a larger room at no additional cost. Having the additional space in the room made our stay much more comfortable. The breakfast was really good and saved us money because it was included in the cost of the room. I probably cannot say enough about the location of this motel. It was ideal. It was in proximity to a mini mall which included a Belk, JC Penny, Bath and Body Works and many other stores including a Walmart. This hotel is also in a prime location of many restaurants. Just to name a few, Golden Corral, Pizza Hut, BBQ Restaurant, Chick-fil-A, KFC, and many others. My children loved the pool and exercise room, and I would come back to this hotel for the proximity to shopping and eating places.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stay here EVERY time I come to Henderson, NC. The hotel is clean and the staff are really friendly. The beds are super comfortable and my room was cool and clean. The bathroom flooring/floor molding, could use a little attention, but I would not, not stay here because of that issue. The coffee was great and something I look forward too in the morning. Never heard any noise outside my room. The continental breakfast was really good and there were numerous things to chose from. And the staff attending the breakfast were really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed one night on a return trip from Winston-Salem. Always try to book Hampton Inns when travelling. Although it is an older hotel it had all the standards of the Hampton chain. Clean room and comfortable bed. Good choices for breakfast. Had a room on second floor facing the road but did not hear road noise. Short distance to interstate and good restaurants within 1 mile. I would recommend this hotel to any traveller.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and we can’t wait to see you again soon !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Sleep Inn
#5 of 9 in Henderson
Travelodge Henderson
Travelodge Henderson
#7 of 9 in Henderson

Been to Hampton Inn Henderson? Share your experiences!