“Dated facility, but EXCELLENT service more than made up for it!!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
South Eastern US
“Dated facility, but EXCELLENT service more than made up for it!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2008

From the moment we walked in the door (at 11pm), we received amazing service.

The rooms and fixtures were obviously dated and, as goes with the territory for dated things, were a little gungy. Bed linens looked like new, though, so that helped.

Breakfast bar was great - just like the commercials.

It all came down to service. If we'd had mediocre service, I would give a thumbs down on the whole experience, but the service was so phenomenal, we were able to overlook minor facilty flaws.

Let me say just one more time, the service we received was the absolute definition of what customer service should be (and that is SO rare to find)!!

• Liked — Amazing Service
  • Disliked — Dated Facility & Fixtures
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank seastraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
hmiller521
Reviewed October 2, 2007

My husband and I traveled to this area to attend a wedding, and this was one of the two hotel names we were given. When we pulled up it was what we had expected, a nice looking hotel, nothing fancy. We left out bags in the car and went to check-in. We are part of the "Priority Club" they offer. After we finished checking in we told the front desk clerk we were going to take the luggage cart to get our suitcases and such (we were on the 2nd floor). Before we left we asked if we could switch to the 1st floor so we would be with the rest of our group we were staying with and she said no they were overbooked (however my husband later heard her telling someone quite the opposite when they came in seeking a room for the night). We proceeded to go outside get our luggage and returned inside to locate the elevator. We started to walk down the wrong hallway and the front desk clerk peeked her head over the counter and told us "You need to go to the doorway with the exit sign". We turned around to see the exit sign over an elevator, so we proceeded to go that way and I pushed the button for the elevator. After several minutes waiting my husband saw that the elevator key was turned to the "off" position. We went up to the front desk and asked in the elevator was working and she said no. This whole ordeal could've been avoided if she would have kindly let us know this up front instead of WATCHING us walk past her several times with our luggage cart and towards the elevator door! So we lugged our belonging up the stairs and made it to our small room. Besides the small bathroom and the flickering lights, the room was as expected. My husband layed down to watch some TV and the remote wouldn't work, so he called down to the front desk and said we would need some new batteries and she said if he would bring it down she would give him a new one! After the first night, things settled down. Our bed was very comfortable. I scheduled a wakeup call for 7:30, fortunately I had set my cell phone alarm as well, because we didn't receive the call until 7:30. There were several silverfish squished in the picture over our bed, that was a bit disturbing. Overall, most people would say "We got what we payed for", but there are some things that are just customer service issues here.

Stayed September 2007
Monrovia, Indiana
Reviewed February 13, 2007

Choose only if other options are full. This hotel is in need of remodeling in the worst way.There is no elevator, so you must carry your bags up and down if you are on the second floor. Doors were not sealed well. Remote control did not work for TV, desk clerk only offered to get batteries the next day. The counter in bathroom was damaged, some mold present on walls in bathroom. Furnishings in room were well used, couch and chair, carpet etc. Not a huge deal but, instead of a pen a small "putt putt" pencil was offered on the bedside table. Bed was missing slats and the legs were at extreme angles, when complained I was moved to an alternate room, where remote control worked better, but not normal. Second room was slightly better but still had well used furnishings. Bed linens were good and shower curtain and shower head were good i.e. typical Holiday Inn Express type. Water was off temporairy on one day during my stay. Door from outside had access into stair well, while it was locked it did not seem real secure and I felt it could have been pried open very easily giving someone easy un-noticed access to the second floor.
The breakfasts were acutally good, and well maintained. Another positve was the wireless connection, it worked well.
Overall I was not happy with my stay and would not stay at this hotel again unless it was my last choice and I was forced to. I forgot to mention the odor, I would desribe as a nursing home, which was strong in the hallways. I think it was a floral odor from cleaning or air freshner, it was not an odor that helped the overall feel of my stay, it was offensive.

• Liked — Internet access was good
  • Disliked — Odor and overall lack of up to date furnishings.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2006

I would definately stay at another hotel when traveling through this area again. For the $$ it was not worth it. There was a constant music bass going for two hours until we finally called the front desk. They sent someone to our room who swore he couldn't hear it. I could hear it and I was in the bathroom. He finally determined it was coming from upstairs and that he would take care of it. My husband called the front desk to request another pillow and she said she had just given out the last one. She failed to mention the one in the drawer under the tv that I found the next morning before we checked out. The breakfast was all starchy foods. The Jameson Inn was close by and looked to be a better value for the money.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Leanpig
Hernando, Ms
Reviewed March 31, 2004

This is a nice hotel. My room was in great condition and the cleaning staff did a fine job. Rates include a good breakfast. Wal-Mart and good restaurants are within walking distance. The front desk was most helpful, too.

2 Thank Herman H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Sleep Inn
#5 of 9 in Henderson
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oxford

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson? Share your experiences!