“Renewal in the Mountains”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of ARROWHEAD CABIN

Moments of Quiet Reflection guest cabin - your home away from home
our cabin - vinyl siding and new metal roof with deck and fenced yard Plenty of room to park
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Moments of Quiet Reflection guest cabin - your home away from home
our cabin - vinyl siding and new metal roof with deck and fenced yard
Plenty of room to park
Our kitchen with everything imaginable
Our flat screen TV
Our dining area
Our china cabinet with antiques
Our super size sofa big enough to sleep on
Bedroom with queen bed
2nd bedroom with full bed
2nd bedroom with full bed and dresser
Our new washing machine
The clothes dryer - nothing like a Kenmore
Bathroom has tub, shower, toilet and vanity
The vanity
Flowers by the cabin
The front of the cabin with the late afternoon sun
Ruby Falls in Helen the Alpine town just down the mountain
Ruby Falls
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
p p
“Renewal in the Mountains”
Reviewed August 15, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

This is an ideal retreat next to the historic town of Hayesville.
My family and I enjoyed our well equipped cabin, lots of hot water, clean and country decorated home away from home, with coffee and eggs from Ruth the owner. My husband said the bed was better than at home! We were sorry to leave.
The town has a great grocery store and the welcome center provided us with information of what to do and where to go. What a gem!

Aug 16, 2017
Thank you Pat I loved having you and hope you will come again. If you had stayed longer I am sure we would have become fast friends. Thanks for leaving the cabin so clean and nice and helping me with my twisted knee. It was such a pleasure having you.
Cindi H
“Not worth the money!”
Reviewed June 24, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

We sustained multiple flea bites during our stay. Visible cobwebs with spiders and blown light bulbs from day one. Cold showers by the end of the week. Hostess was friendly in person albeit impersonal but after check out is wrongly blaming extensive counts of damage on us, likely to retain the deposit. The surrounding mountains were gorgeous, but our experience with this particular cabin has left a bitter aftertaste. We won't be returning.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 16, 2017
These people were horrible. They were dirty and destructive. They did over 500.00 worth of damage I only had 100.00 damage deposit and Tripadvisor refused to send me that back despite sending them receipts from the plumber and the handyman. This young hispanic couple damaged the water heater they swamped the bathroom and the rugs they pulled a ceiling fan light apart and destroyed it they damaged the bedding they put the air conditioner on 60 and dragged some kind of a blanket onto the couch - they said to keep warm and it left lint all over the couch. Very hard to remove. They destroyed the remote to the air conditioner. The stove was filthy the sink clogged with food remnants. Tripadvisor allowed them to print the above review knowing full well it was revenge for my asking for the damage deposit. It would have been so easy for them to check with other guests to determine that the cabin is beautiful and well taken care of as are the guests. I am disgusted not only with the young couple who did the damage but with Tripadvisor who do not take care of their customers.
car0ledwa...
Columbus, Ohio
“Not for young children”
Reviewed June 5, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

Ruth was really nice. She approved additional guests after booking.

The cabin is average , which is what I would expect for the price.

My only negative would be that this is not a cabin for young children as all of the cleaning supplies are accessible and we did find rodent poison pellets under the living room chair cushion.

Jun 7, 2017
It always seems when you go out of your way to accommodate someone you would have been better sticking to the rules. Carol booked for one person then a week before arriving added two more people. When I asked for the names and addresses she did not know. When I asked her to find out she gave me the first names and said they would be bringing a child. I asked how old and she said she did not know. I told her I did not take children under 5. I allowed this booking to go through with no extra charges against my better judgement. Obviously this was not appreciated. She even made reference to my cabin being "average" yet when she walked in the door she raved about how beautiful it was. "This is perfect" were her words. We do not have a spa or swimming pool but our cabin is beautiful, clean and comfortable as you will see in other reviews. I also go out of my way to help people and I still will despite the odd ungrateful one.
Reviewed May 30, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Jun 1, 2017
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful mountains I hope you will visit with us again.
lilylouis...
DeLand, Florida
“Quiet stay in the woods”
Reviewed May 30, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

Quiet location down a dirt road just outside of town. The cabin was perfectly sized for my mom and I. Full kitchen, clean bath, comfy beds. Ruth was very friendly and eager to help.

Only downsides were absolutely no cell reception, and the wifi available is slow. Also, the bottom of the drive could use some gravel (in my opinion).

A bit of caution to future renters, take the road to the cabin slowly as there is a hound and horde of chickens (with one duck) down the road from the cabin that have no fear of vehicles. They appear to be more accustomed to people stopping for them.

Jun 1, 2017
I am happy you had a wonderful time while staying with us at Arrowhead Cabin. This is such a beautiful, quiet place to visit yet with all the adventures close at hand. I love this time of year with the honeysuckle scenting the air and roses climbing everywhere.

Being in a remote area cell phone service is a problem unless you have Verizon. I hate to promote Verizon but that is the way it is. With Verizon you have a good signal even inside the house.

The Wi-Fi is slow as I warn everyone because again we are in a remote area and we have Frontier as our only service provider. They are still using copper wire and are not about to upgrade us in the foreseeable future. There are few of us and it would not be worth their while to spend the money. Coming from a big city I know it is hard to adjust from high speed to slow. I know I am from Florida and it can be painful waiting for that thing to boot up. However, we do have a flat screen TV and a DVD player and you can get Hulu and Netflix etc and rent movies from the local Ingles Red Box.
We just have one or two cars a day down this dead end cove so the hound and the chickens and the duck consider themselves at no risk and we do stop for them. The slowest is the duck, the chickens will flutter out of the way and the hound will move over when pressed but the duck takes his time waddling across the road at a leisurely pace and he is sooo cute.

As I said we are seventy years behind the times in these mountains.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 8, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Traveling group: Young Children
Sep 8, 2016
Thank you Anna. So glad you enjoyed your stay and the children enjoyed the woods and my collies. Hope to see you again soon.
Catherine...
“Cute country cottage”
Reviewed August 22, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed here for a week while taking a course at the William Holland School of Lapidary Arts. It was convenient to the school (about 20 miles) as well as Lake Chatuge and the town of Hayesville. The cabin was well appointed, and the few things I was 'missing' by virtue of not being where I would have stored them Ruth was able to direct me to in very short order. The cabin was comfortable for one person, but I could definitely see it fitting four with no difficulty. I enjoyed my morning interactions with the neighbor's duck who very politely gave up his spot in the road to let me pass by in my car on the way to school. I would definitely recommend Arrowhead Cabin to those looking for a quaint and affordable rental in this area.

Traveling group: Solo
Aug 22, 2016
Catherine I am so glad you enjoyed your stay while taking classes. Sorry about the can opener I did not mean to hide it I will put it on my list of where to find things. My neighbors duck is adorable isn't he - he does not mind holding traffic up at all.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing