“Cute country cottage”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of ARROWHEAD CABIN

Moments of Quiet Reflection guest cabin - your home away from home
our cabin - vinyl siding and new metal roof with deck and fenced yard Plenty of room to park
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Moments of Quiet Reflection guest cabin - your home away from home
our cabin - vinyl siding and new metal roof with deck and fenced yard
Plenty of room to park
Our kitchen with everything imaginable
Our flat screen TV
Our dining area
Our china cabinet with antiques
Our super size sofa big enough to sleep on
Bedroom with queen bed
2nd bedroom with full bed
2nd bedroom with full bed and dresser
Our new washing machine
The clothes dryer - nothing like a Kenmore
Bathroom has tub, shower, toilet and vanity
The vanity
Flowers by the cabin
The front of the cabin with the late afternoon sun
Ruby Falls in Helen the Alpine town just down the mountain
Ruby Falls
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Catherine...
“Cute country cottage”
Reviewed August 22, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed here for a week while taking a course at the William Holland School of Lapidary Arts. It was convenient to the school (about 20 miles) as well as Lake Chatuge and the town of Hayesville. The cabin was well appointed, and the few things I was 'missing' by virtue of not being where I would have stored them Ruth was able to direct me to in very short order. The cabin was comfortable for one person, but I could definitely see it fitting four with no difficulty. I enjoyed my morning interactions with the neighbor's duck who very politely gave up his spot in the road to let me pass by in my car on the way to school. I would definitely recommend Arrowhead Cabin to those looking for a quaint and affordable rental in this area.

Traveling group: Solo
Aug 22, 2016
Catherine I am so glad you enjoyed your stay while taking classes. Sorry about the can opener I did not mean to hide it I will put it on my list of where to find things. My neighbors duck is adorable isn't he - he does not mind holding traffic up at all.
mcheather...
Crossville, Tennessee
“Wonderful vacation home!”
Reviewed August 17, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

This is a beautiful cabin. Very clean with new appliances that include a washer and dryer. The television is a new smart TV, and I was able to get Hulu and Netflix with no problem. My Verizon phone was able to get a good signal. There were ceiling fans in every room and the A/C was brand new, though unneeded in May with the cool mountain air. The cabin was very cute with beautiful hardwood floors. Rugs accented each room The bed was very comfortable and there were extra blankets and linens provided. The bathroom was very clean with plenty of extra towels provided. There is a grill provided and a picnic table on the deck to enjoy outdoor meals. The cabin is well maintained on the outside as well as the inside. The owner lives just up the road and she was very nice and was able to let me know where the best restaurants were as well as some of the hidden gems to visit close by. Thank you again, Ruth. I would definitely recommend this cabin to anyone who wants to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and spend some time in the mountains.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cleanliness and comfort of the cabin
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aug 28, 2016
I am so glad you were delighted with the cabin it makes all my hard work worth while. Glad too you enjoyed our wonderful mountains and hiking trails. Hope to see you again soon.
Sean m
“Had a great vacation”
Reviewed August 8, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a great week long vacation at the house. We had everything we needed from the house. There are tons of great hiking trails close by and the lake is huge. Kayaking on the lake and swimming in water falls was a blast. Thank you for a great vacation.

Aug 10, 2016
Sean so glad you and your wife and little boy enjoyed your stay in my cabin. I am glad you had so much fun exploring the area. and the weather cooperated, You had a lovely week for your stay. I would love to have you back again. Thanks for being wonderful guests and for leaving the cabin so clean.
rbrown65a
Coshocton, Ohio
“Invasion of privacy”
Reviewed August 5, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

Just a warning before you rent this property. The cabin is functional, but barely. The owner is across the street and randomly enters the home when you are not there. We felt really violated by her actions and decided to leave earlier than planned. This upset her and after sending us multiple nasty emails she decided she would keep our damage deposit without reason or explanation when we left unit cleaner than when we arrived. There are many nice rentals in the area, think twice about this one.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Rented for low cost but that was a mistake
Liked least: Owner invaded our privacy while we were away, and had issues with pets even thought advertised as pet freindly. then kept security deposit for no valid reason.
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 30, 2016
This man has been stalking and harassing me through the internet for two months now posting untruths and making threats. It has nothing to do with the condition of the cabin.
Michael V
Tampa, Florida
“Cozy hillside retreat”
Reviewed July 18, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Mrs Ruth's Arrowhead cabin. It is tucked away down a short dirt/gravel road and nested on a hillside. Its an older home, built in the 50's with tons of character. The bed was super comfortable, which was really all we needed as we spent our entire stay exploring the surrounding towns & mountains.

Mrs Ruth was very considerate of our privacy, but also cared very much that we enjoyed our stay in her property. She filled the coffee table with local magazines and brochures from the Chamber from commerce, so we had a good idea of where to start each day's adventures.

This 2br home has smaller closets and only a few power outlets in each room. There is no cell phone coverage (on AT&T) but the wifi internet worked perfectly to Facetime with our children without interruption.

You can't beat the deal on this place, we are already planning our next stay.

Tip: Checkout Chevelle's bar & grill not far away for great 50 cent wings & karaoke the locals on thursday and Mary's southern grill for a wonderful breakfast.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the quiet location
Liked least: everything was great
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Jul 20, 2016
Michael and his wife were wonderful guests although I hardly ever saw them,. They were out and about exploring our wonderful mountains every day. I think they saw more of the area than I have in a long time telling me all the great places to eat and places to visit. I am so glad you both had a wonderful time and I am looking forward to seeing you again. I could not ask for nicer guests.
Scooterma...
St. Marys, Georgia
“Very clean, neat and a great value1”
Reviewed June 10, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I have four VRBO units in South Georgia. We planned a trip to the North Georgia mountains to spend some time riding our scooters. I ride a Suzuki Burgman and my bride rides a Vespa, both scoots are very capable to traversing the hillsides.

We searched both VRBO and FlipKey and found this wonderful place...just what the doctor ordered. We didn't need a luxurious cabin. Rather, we wanted a "home away from home" that was affordable, clean and neat and this property was indeed that.

Since we were riding our scooters, access to the property was important. We found the gravel road well maintained providing a comfortable and safe ride from the main paved road.

The cottage is a short drive to a very nice Ingles grocery store and quaint small town restaurants.

Ruth and her daughter, Heather were very helpful in getting us settled. Good folks!

We will be back.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Your age range 50-64
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jun 12, 2016
Thank you Tom and Beverley for being our guests. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to have you back again. I could not wish for nicer guests.
Cindy529
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Convenient and quite cabin for stay”
Reviewed August 17, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

This is a quite and private vacation home with everything needed for temporary living. It was a nice experience to live in a quite cabin in a small village. It is a good value for the price paid.

Liked best: Convenient for living
Liked least: No view and hard to find
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing